Chapter 4

Around 4am Lamont woke up because he heard a sound coming from the living room which was right next to his bedroom , he got out of his bed to see if Desire or Mercedes was woke. When Lamont exited his bedroom when he was approached by three niggas with guns and ski masks.

" what the fuck" Lamont shouted as he wiped his eyes

" where that bag at nigga?" One of the men yelled while holding a gun to Lamont's head

" I don't know what you are talking about!" Lamont lied, he didn't know who these niggas were and how the fuck they got inside of his house, but he knew that he needed to get under his bed to grab his strap.

" nigga you want your head blown off!" The man yelled as he swung the gun around in Lamont's face

All Lamont can think about was Desire, he didn't want her getting hurt over drug money.

" I'll show you where the bag at, chill out !" Lamont screamed out praying that Desire didn't come out of her room and witness this.

Lamont walks the niggas toward his closet where he had 40,000 stashed, he wasnt going to risk his life or anybody elses over a few thousand dollars.

" where the rest nigga ?" The man demanded walking closer to Lamont

" that's all I got on me, that's forty bands, take that shit!" Lamont shouted

Money was nothing to Lamont, he was always making it but he knew how replaceable it was,he wondered who was behind the mask, he never been robbed before and never imagined somebody who had the balls to do it. Lamont never been a stingy nigga, he hated seeing people struggle, he would do whatever it takes to help anybody make some money,all you had to do was ask, Lamont didnt know what to think, for the first time ever.

" oh niggas think it's a game" The man mumbled, he was starting to loose his paitence, he blacked out.
CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!CLACK!
POW!POW! POW!
Multiple shots were fired which woke Desire up out of her sleep, she ran towards Lamont's room when she noticed the three guys running out the front door.

As Desire set in the waiting room with her head down crying and panicking, she prayed that her brother will recover. She found Lamont laid out in his room with a shot to the face and chest. She called 911 as she held Lamont in her arms as he bled all over her.
When they got to the hospital the doctors immediately took Lamont into surgery and it's been a couple of hours since he's been in the surgery room. Around 7am Scrap called Lamont's phone and Desire explained to him what had happened. Scrap immediately showed up to the hospital. Scrap massaged Desire's back as she described what happened.

" Stop crying Des, it's going to be good. He going to pull through. Plus niggas going to pay!" Scrap told Desire

" this is crazy, why they have to shoot your brother out of all people? Mercedes questioned in shock

Desire was in shock still, seeing her brother lay there with blood everywhere will be a picture that would be stuck with her forever.

The doctor came out and asked Desire if they could she  speak in private.

Desire walked towards the back of the hospital with the doctor.

" I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but Lamont did not make it through the surgery" the doctor stated

"What ! "Desire yelled as she fell to the ground

" What do you mean he didn't make it!" Desire cried out

" I'm sorry " The doctor blubbered

" Noooo !" Desire yelled

Scrap and Mercedes ran over to Desire