Chapter 48.

Your POV

I went upstairs with Alphonse while talking about our past.

~It's been so long since last time i was thinking about my childhood. I almost forgot everything about it. Things happened so fast and here we are now.

I thought for myself while i was looking on the floor. When elevator opened we stepped out and Al and I went back to cell. When we were almost there i told him.

~You know, it's been so many years that i almost forgot about my own childhood. It was fine remembering it and i even felt nostalgic. But it's all gone now, everything is different and we aren't kids anymore. We can't do anything about it, though i don't really want to. I am finally happy. If shit didn't happen i would've never found happiness and love.

I smiled and walked towards cell before which stood Ed. And what was surprising was that he was quiet. I stepped closer but he didn't even notice me so i decided to tap him on shoulder and say.

~Hello there, what kind of guard you are when inmate is standing next to you and you aren't even aware of him?

~H-huh, (Y/N)? What??

Ed asked cofused but he didn't have time to react because Envy told from inside of cell.

~You are the one to talk, (Y/N). He's doing his job better then you did when you were supposed to guard me. It looks like he spaced out little bit. Let him be.

I looked at Edward that was still at loss of words but then i had to tap on his shoulder again.

~Edward, do you hear me? How the hell am i supposed to get inside cell without you opening it first?

Ed shook himself out of it and unlocked cell for me to enter and then locked it behind me.

~Envy i can doubt that he is better at doing his job. Just looked at him, he is mentally in another dimension.

~Let him be (Y/N), he's probably tired.

~Uhm okey, if you think so.

I told while i put box with documents on table and went to change my clothes. After a while Envy did so too and we both laid down in our bed. For a moment i caught a glimpse of Ed leaving away and Al following close behind him. Since we were finally alone and noone was looking at us, i decided to use Envy's hand as pillow and closed my eyes while i snuggled closer to him. When i was almost sleeping i put my arm around Envy's torso and when i was slowly drifting to dreamland i felt light kiss on my forehead. After that i fell asleep completely. Next day i woke up about 10AM. When i looked beside me Envy was still fast asleep. On table next to documents i saw two trays with food so i stood up from bed a went to eat it. When i was done i took box with files put it on another table closer to window and sat down on chair. I grabbed some paper and pen and i started to write down some notes while i was talking to myself.

~Sooo these are the files of soldiers who joined in past month. Well i should try to make number of suspects smaller. I don't really feel like interogating and torturing even those innocent ones. After all some of them are just young boys that want to fight for their country. Uhmm...let's see... I should exclude everyone that has relatives in here and everyone i might know. So out of 134....hmm... I know about 6 of them. Two are my neighbours from houses around my place and the rest i used to meet on streets. Now to the imformations of the rest 128. Let's see-

~What are you doing?

Envy asked me from behind my back to which i flinched.

~Jeez, don't scare me like that.

~Hehe, think of it as payback for when you ,,scared,, me in old hideout.

~huh?

~I hope that you remember that time i left you without chains because of your bruised wrists. You quietly walked behind me while i was spacing out and you ,,scared,, me. Not that i was really scared.

Envy told with playfull and cheeky smile.

~Yeah, i remember. But that was unintentional!

~Same goes for this.

~Uff, okey, i'm not arguing. By the way sit down and help me. We have lot of work to do.

~Huuh? No way. I'm gonna eat first and then i might decide to help you.

~What?! You know what, take your food, start helping me, or i might decide that won't be so kind anymore. Maybe i can start to.....tickle you!

I stood up from table and started to tickle Envy. He started to laugh and i couldn't help myself but laugh too.

~Okey, okey, hahaha, i'll help you, just stop tickling me, hahahahaha.

~Okey, so let's work.

I stopped tickling him and i was about to sit down when i suddenly felt cold run down my spine. I could only imagine Envy's red glowing eyes and murderous smile while he was about to give me payback. I didn't even have time to react and suddenly i was on ground laughting for my life. I was resisting but it's not that there was anything that i could do. I just continued to laugh.

~Hahaha, Envy, stop it, please, we- hahahaha- we have work to do, hahaha.

I told trying to sound serious.

~Stop it or-

Suddenly Envy stopped tickling me, instead he got ahold of my hands pinned them upon my head and looked deep inside my eyes.

~Or what, what are you gonna do?

~I-I'm-

I saw his cheeky smile and suddenly i was at loss of words. I just stared at them and then my expression softened and Envy placed light kiss on my lips.

~Okey, okey. Let's get to work or we might be in problems.

Envy slid his hand under my back and with one swift move i was standing on my legs again. I gave Envy warm hug and then we heard someone clear his throat.