Chapter 23.

I didn't even imagine it would happen this soon. To be honest i completely forgot that this had to happen.

Days passed and today was no different from other days. Envy and I were talking about book i lent him. He finished reading it only about hour ago. I was with him in his cell while we talked.

~So Envy. Did you figure out who the killer was before detective?

~Tch. No. I didn't expect her to be murderer. Just WHAT?!

~I was thinking the same thing! I couldn't believe it. But it was her. Her motive was perfect, her work was perfect. Just everything. If that detective wasn't on her list she would have get away with it.

~Yeah she was really good. If you hold vengance against someone don't kill them. Kill someone close to them and watch them suffer. Victims have no visible connection, and murderer have no clear motive for thier murders. This is perfect murder.

~But she was unlucky that detective had noone important to him. That made her kill herself.

~Kill herself... She should've just kill him instead of herself. That plan to become someone important for him and then kill herself was stupid.

~Yeah that was really stupid. Something like this would never come to my mind.

~I actually thought about killing myself.

~Huuh?! You did what?!

~Don't look at me like that. If i've changed into that small lizard again i would probably kill myself reather than being looked down on from you humans.

~Small lizard?

~Oh- i didn't tell you about that right?

~No. Not at all.

~Uhm. Well you remember like we were going separate ways before we met at tunnels? When you were going to train?

~Yeah.

~You warned me about Scar and Marcoh. You got absolute truth. They defeated me- Marcoh started to destroy my philosopher's stone and later i morphed from my beast form to my preffered form and then to small green lizard thing. I was so pathetic. They captured me and later Scar sent Xing's girl back to Xing and told her to take me with her as living philosopher's stone. I was lucky that i managed to change her mind just before she stepped into Great East desert. She took me back and bottle in which they held me broke. I was free. Mannequine soldier attacked me but i possesed it and absorbed it to maintain back my form. When i was in that lizard form i hated myself because that was probably my true form. When Mustang was burning my body i knew that that last attack from which you protected me would have destroyed me- changed me back to that form. If you or someone else would see me in that form i would for sure kill myself.

~Are you stupid?

~Huh?! Don't you dare-

~You should know better than anyone that i wouldn't look down on you no matter what form you would take. Do you remember my reaction in Gluttony's stomach when you took your beast form? I was amazed! That was such great form. That lizard form is just another form that i would for sure accept. Don't you ever think that i would look down on you just because of one of your forms.

~I guess you have the point here. But i'm alive and that's important.

~Yeah. That is important.

I told with smile but soon my smile faded as i heard my phone rang. I went to my office and answeared it.

~What is it?

~Brigadier General (L/N)? Here's Mustang. I'm coming to prison for that homuncullus. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

My heart stopped beating for a moment.

~O-okey.

I put down phone and my heart stopped beating for a moment one more time. I fell down on ground to which Envy responded with rushing out of his cell.

~(Y/N)? You okey?!

He came closer to me and helped me stand up while i started to feel my body again. I trembled a little and then told him the truth.

~Envy... Mustang is on his way here. In matter of 10 minutes he will be here. He came for you.

I told him while i tried to hold my breathing stable. Envy's eyes opened wide and i knew what he wanted to do.

~Shit. This is bad.

He commented and then stood up. He gave me back cuffs i gave him before and he helped me sit on my bed.

~Better?

~Little bit.

~Okey now come and lock me in there. If they find me here you'll be in trouble.

~B-but-

~No but. I know what does that mean.

~Are you serious?!

~Yes.

I didn't want to do it but i nodded and took cuffs to my pocket and went with Envy to his cell and i locked him inside.

~Sorry. Before Mustang i have to change my personality a little, you know why.

~Yeah and now do your job and guard me. At least one time do it right.

I was left speechless and i didn't know what to do nor how to react. I sat down on chair pretending to be reading book and soon Mustang showed himself. I stood up from chair, put book away and greeted him.

~So what do you want with him?

~Today is his trial.

~Huh? It's today?!

~Yeah, you didn't know?

~Not at all. First time i'm hearing it.

~Oh sorry about that. Well now you know and i need to take him there. Will you lead him out of his cell?

~Uhm yes.

I went to cell unlocked both doors and went to Envy.

~Stand up and show me your back.

I demanded with stone cold voice. He looked at me and saw my desperate look. He sighed and quietly did what i told him to. I cuffed his hands behind his back and took him out. Mustang came closer and looked at him with murderous look.

~Take him away guys.

Mustang demanded and other soldiers came to him and took him away while Mustang stayed with me a little bit longer to talk to me.

~How was he when you guarded him? Where there any problems?

~No. He was still silently sitting inside. I think that he knows that this is his end. He spoke to me only when he needed go to toilet. And he spoke to me only once when he wanted me to lend him book. I let him sit in this gap between both security doors so he would see what he is reading.

~You actually let him sat there and you even lend him book?

~Yeah. I told you that i will make him go through everything i went through and i did that. But when i was kidnapped he lend me book as well when i was bored out of my mind. I decided that it was only fair enough to do so too.

~Hmm. I wouldn't let him read no matter what. I would let him be bored out of his mind. Well i'll get going.