Chapter 7.

Lot of time passed since i came here. It is always the same routine. Only few times were different. That was when Envy got out on mission. I always think of time when he will forget about restrains and leave me free. If that would be case noone would be able to stop me. But Envy is too cautious. Even when he is here he always checks me for any sign of trying to escape. But i'm sure that day like that will come eventually. That's what i though untill suddenly i got interupted by Envy's voice.

~(Y/N)? Are you here?

~Uhm yes, yes.

~You are unusually quiet today. What are you thinking about?

~You want me to be honest?

~Let me guess. You are thinking about how to escape.

~You know me too well.

~Unfortunately for you i can't let that happen.

~I know. It's just that i'm missing my life. Right now i don't want to escape because i need to pass information to Edward but because i wasn't out for such long time.

~Is that so? But i want to ask you. What would you do if you get out?

~What would i do? Well i would go to work, earn money, get myself some new things and that's all. When i think about it, i have noone to run to. Noone is even searching for me. I'm alone in this world. But still when i'm free i can go wherever i want anytime i want. I am able to breath fresh air. Honestly i don't even know what to do. It's truth that i would be free if i will escape but on the other side i would be alone again. I didn't want to tell it but you've grown close to me even though you must hate me.

After i said that i found myself cry. Tears were rolling down my face while i was trying to smile. It hurts me inside.

Envy's POV

I looked at her crying form which tried her best to stop it and smile instead. I thought that i would laugh  but i didn't feel like laughting. Instead i felt something like sympathy. Maybe it was because i got close with her and maybe because i know the feeling of being alone. I didn't know what to do but after all i sat next to her and i've done something i would never imagine even in my wildest dreams and that's- i hugged her. Her eyes widened after that act and she hugged me back tight and i felt her tears falling down like waterfall. After a while she stopped crying and i let her be.

~Don't missunderstand me. I still hate humans but you are exception because you know the same suffering as i do and we are similiar in some ways. That's the only reason.

I told her while she looked me in the eyes.

~I know. And thank you very much.

She told and laid back in bed. I was sitting near her and i was thinking. But soon she asked me something.

~When i think about that plan of yours i still don't understand it. You are planning to make philosopher's stone from whole Amestris or what?

~I can't tell you but something similiar. But you will survive because you are our sacrifice.

~Uh um.

She didn't tell anything else and she kept staring at ceiling. I was thinking about possiblities and decided that i will risk it.

~(Y/N).

~Hm?

~I will take you out.

~Huuuh?! What's the big idea? It's not that i don't want to but-

~I will take you out for a walk but then we are going back here. You know i can't let you go away. But you have to promise that you won't try to escape. I don't want to go back to strict restraining.

~As i told, not too long ago i have noone to run to. I won't try to escape. Even if my chances would be higher than 50% even if higer than 90%. That's promise.

Your POV

I didn't even think that he would take me out. But he wouldn't lie about something like this. I promised that i won't escape and i intend on keeping my promise. I have noone to escape to after all.

~Get your ass ready.

Envy told me and i stood up. I was ready that he will restrain me but he just looked at me and wawed his hand. He just held me by wrist while we were going to room where i was before. There was still that tunnel i made even through it was well hidden. Envy allowed me to use alchemy and open hole to it to access the tunnel. We went through and ended up on alley where we were fighting.

~Envy? Do you remember? Last time we were here we were fighting each other.

~Yeah. I beat your ass pretty easily.

~Haha funny.

I told him back and he slowly and unsurely let go of my wrist. We walked beside each other but i knew that he won't relax and that if i try something he would go immediately after me.

~You should relax a little i'm not gonna run away this time. I promised.

~Yeah and the moment i let my guard down you would be running away. Not happening.

I smiled a little and kept walking. It was evening and there wasn't that much people around. I'm in civil clothing so i think that noone will know who i am. Envy was in his normal form. He didn't even bother to change into someone else. We were walking for really long time neither of us being tired. After all my legs are automail. It was almost night when we were on our way back. We talked a little every once in a while but mostly i enjoyed my time being out. I didn't think that i will be out anytime soon. When we were before tunnel i made stop for a moment and Envy looked at me with suspictious face. I swiftly looked behind me but there was noone. As i looked back i saw Envy relax from a fighting stance. He probably though i'm gonna resist or run away but i didn't care about it. He is just cautious. I went into tunnel first and Envy second behind me. When we were inside tunnel he almost completely relaxed and i told him.

~See? I didn't escape. As i promised. I'm women of her word.

~Yeah i know. You proved that. But why did you turned around before tunnel?

~I had a feeling like someone is following us. But seems like it was just the feeling.

~Maybe.

~If not maybe someone will save me from here. I don't want to tell anybody about your secrets right now. Not to them. They didn't bother searching for me. But if someone by some chance will save me then i don't know how should i save situation. I would need to tell them.

~Well that's truth. But this will be dilema only in case someone will get you out of here.

I nodded and we finally walked out of tunnel. We waited for a moment in room and then Envy got ahold of my wrist and took me to my cell/room.

~I though we are behind restraining

I commented and he answeared me.

~I am behind it but others are not. I have to show them that i'm guarding you.

~Yeah, yeah. I know. Well i'm gonna sleep now. This day was more exausting than other days. Good night.

~Tch. Good night i guess.

Envy told and i was about to fall asleep when we heard something like explosion.