Chapter 44.

Your POV

~I think i know how they managed to get ahold of it.

Envy said after a moment of silence.

~Kimblee. I already told you that he joined with them to carve bloody emblem into north. I can only suspect that he somehow got ahold of transmutation circle and learned it. I think that he told Drachmans about circle and he must have metioned even that human souls are what philosopher's stones are made from or he somehow managed to make philosopher's stones and gave some to them.

~Yeah this was very likely to happen. For now i have something to say to the two of you. You two are ultimate weapons but dangerous criminals as well. There is no way that i can let you roam around and carelessly let you escape. Military managed to create something that will tell us your locations.

Mustang started to shuffle in his drawer and then he put out small box on his table. Both of us came closer to Mustang and he opened the box. There were two earrings.

~These two earrings are the localizators you have to wear. If you put them down i will personaly hunt you down.

We stayed quiet and in moment Riza Hawkeye stepped inside office. She brought up something like gun put earring inside and came to Envy and me.

~I'm gonna shot that earring into your ears. Which one is going first?

She asked and Envy sighed.

~Do it but quickly.

He had his hand in fist while Riza was touching his ear and then she shot earring into his ear and let him be. Only after she left he losened his fist and then she came to me. I moved my hair out of way and she shot through my ear. It almost didn't hurt. I barely felt it. I looked at Envy and i wasn't surprised that he held himself back. He hates humans and if some human touches him while that human is looking down on him he might snap at any moment. When our ears were pierced Riza came to us once more and put badges on our chests that showed everybody our high rank. After that Riza left and Mustang continued.

~Even though you are criminals you are very high ranked soldiers since you have great combat skills, ultimate powers and enourmous experience not only from last war but even from your other activities. With that i decided that the two of you will be under my direct orders. Noone else beside me can order you around and everything you did or want to do will be reported straight to me.

Mustang took small pause and told us.

~Only selected few know how exactly your powers work. Edward, Alphonse, Riza Hawkeye, me and the two of you knows about it. Whenever some soldier will see that badge, he would not question you, he would just do what you tell them to. Well, what i'm just gonna tell you will stay in utmost sectret. This is between the three of us. I'll tell about it only to Hawkeye but i'm not sure about that. Maybe i won't tell her at all. Promise me right here that you won't tell a thing.

I looked at Envy and both of us nodded.

~I swear that i won't tell a single thing to anybody.

Envy said the same thing and then both of us stepped even closer to Mustang and he told us with quiet tone.

~Since i know that your bodies works on philosopher's stones and you would need to use those powers of yours in war that we are in, i allow the two of you to capture enemy soldiers and turn them into your source of power. If anybody were to hear this we are done. I will tell you all details like where you can create philosopher's stones later when i will think of something. Now your very first mission is out of war zone. I already mentioned that there are spies that for sure infiltrated our military. Your first mission is to find every single one of them, get every single information out of them then get rid of them and prevent other spies from infiltrating.

Envy was about to interupt Mustang with question but Mustang stopped him and told.

~You can use whichever method you want, even torture counts. The two of you are going to do dirty work that i can't do since i lead this country. You are already criminals so this won't surprise anybody if it would come to the surface but still, all of this is an utmost secret.

With that we stepped farther away from Mustang and he continued aloud.

~So i hope we understood each other. Your already have your first mission but if i would need you on battlefield fighting i'll call you to fight. I'll be fighting myself if situation needs me.

Both of us nodded and then Mustang asked us surprising question.

~Well how was your coffee?

~Huh? I stared surprised and Envy asked him.

~Where you following us?!

~No, i went back to headquarters because i had some work outside and during my way i saw the two of you in cafe. That's all.

Envy stayed quiet for a moment and then told quietly but loud enough for all of us to hear.

~When we were drinking that coffee i had feeling that someone was staring at us but there was noone around. When i became suspictious, that presence of someone staring at us faded away but i can't help it but have bad feeling about it. And now that you mentioned those spies how long ago do you think they infiltrated military?

~Maybe a week ago but not whole week ago. Why?

~Is it possible that some of those spies may have been on our trial? Because it would explain that feeling i had. If they know about us, they will try to learn as much about us as possible.

~Yeah it is possible, now that you mention it i'm almost sure that it is exactly what happened. Be carefull and never let them know your next move.

Mustang told us and we again nodded.

~Now you can go and start your first mission. And don't forget that you have to be back in your cell by 9PM. You can take your work with you into cell if there will be some need even though i don't think that there will be any need at all. Well get going now.

Mustang told and both of us stepped out of his office.