Chapter 26.

When Envy escaped i sat on ground and at that moment guards surrounded me. I put up my hands up in surrounding motion while knowing exactly what my fate is going to be. Guards pushed me down to the ground and yelled at me.

~Where in the hell is that disgusting thing?!

I stayed silent not even slight voice came out even though i was pissed off for calling him a thing.

~Answear me! Did you help it run away?! How did you do that?!

Again i didn't say a thing. Guards cuffed me and took me to different cell while they searched through the first one. I ended up the same way as Envy. Hands were hung above me and i was sitting quietly inside my new cell on upper floor. I couldn't hear a thing from what was going on outside but i guessed that they were still searching for Envy.

~Live your life Envy. I'm gonna die here instead of you.

I told to myself with smile and colsed my eyes.

Envy's POV

I went through tunnel while i heard (Y/N) seal it. As i was running up i heard guards get inside.

~I hope that she is okey.

I ran up and i went out somewhere between bushes and high grass. Soon i found out that it was abandoned garden. I ran away from prison building as far as i could. Since my powers were back i shaped shift into random citizen and walked past guards that were searching for me.

~I'm sure that they don't know that i have my powers back. I'm sure that they are looking for me in my prefered form.

I went far away and hid in some abandoned house.

Your POV

It was next day morning when i had my first visit. I expected him to show up sooner or later. I was woken up by deep cold voice of Mustang.

~Wake up! (Y/N)! Why did you do that?! Weren't you waiting for his execution just like i was waiting?! What came across your mind? Talk to me!

I tried to move with my hand but i forgot that i can't so i stopped immediately.

~I'll took down those cuffs if you tell me why did you do that.

To this i simply answeared.

~If you'll put them down you'll be sorry. If you give me chance i'll fight you with all my power.

~Tch. (Y/N) what's wrong with you?!

~Nothing. You wouldn't understand it so it's useless to even try to explain.

Mustang yelled at me for some while but then he gave up and went away.

I started humming melody of my favourite song and closed my eyes.

~🎵 Even if i say, it'll be all right, still i hear you say, you want to end your life, and now again we try, to just stay alive, maybe we'll turn it all around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late.

That day i had one more visit. One that i didn't expect. Ed and Al came inside cell and looked at me with pity in their eyes.

~What are you two doing here? Weren't you supposed to travel?

~Yeah but when we heard what happened we canceled that. Why did you do that (Y/N)? Shouldn't you be happy that he would die?!

I stayed silent. I decided that i'm not gonna answear any question that would be about Envy and my decision. Edward came closer to me and grabbed me by collar and started to yell at me while Alphonse tried to calm him down.

~What are you thinking (Y/N)?! How could you let escape someone like him! You heard that he was the one who killed Huges, who started Ishvalan war, who kidnapped you! Why did you help him?! He was even reason why Winry lost her parents! Why did you help someone like him?!

I couldn't hold back myself anymore and shouted back.

~ Why should i care about someone who doesn't care about me? I knew who was Huges murderer from start, i knew that Envy started Ishvalan war from the start when you wouldn't even think about it. I knew about everything the whole time. I knew about father and i knew exactly what i was doing. Do you really think that i care?

I saw scared look on faces of both boys and then i continued.

~You want to know why? Because he is my one and only friend. When you opened portal of truth because of your selfish reasons instead of me, i couldn't jump inside portal on my own because my legs were destroyed! Do you know who helped me?! It was him! He carried me all way until we met with you, he took me through portal and protected me during fight! Noone was ever kinder to me then he was even though he was my enemy! He could leave me behind, let me die there alone in darkness but he saved me! He was more of family and friend to me than you ever was! He was kind to me even when he held me captive. You know nothing about him. You know nothing about me! ..... And... I love him for taking care of me. Now get lost...i won't tell another word to you or to anybody else.

From that moment Ed and Al both quietly left my cell and let me finally be alone. I came back to humming melody of my favourite song with my eyes closed. Then i fell asleep. Next day Mustang showed himself again. This time with cold look with no emotion.

~Brigadier general (Y/N) (L/N). You are sentenced to death. Execution will be held tommorow. You weren't on trial because your actions were seen by lot of witneses and your crime is unforgivable. You set free extremely dangerous criminal and you are going to take responsibility.

Mustang paused for a moment and told.

~Now i'm speaking to you unofficialy. If you had worked with us i would help you reduce your sentence. But after your reasons for doing so and your will to stay silent made it worse for you. Now you are going to die for sake of moster who doesn't give a fuck about you.

I looked at him with dull eyes while i was smiling and told.

~I'm going to die for sake of the person i love, for person who saved my life multiple times in difference from you or Elric's.

~I'll wait for you at execution platform.

I closed my eyes again and ignored Mustang for the rest of the day. Whenever he came here to talk to me i stayed silent without single word. That day was really long and boring.

~I wonder if Envy is okey. But i didn't hear anything about his death or his capture so i guess he is alright.

That was my last thought before the day of my execution.