Chapter 45.

As we stepped out of Mustang's office i felt calmer than before. I gave small sigh and looked at Envy.

~I guess that it's time to go work.

I told to which Envy replied.

~Yeah, once again there is someone bossing me around. And these things in our ears, i feel disgusted. I don't want them to spy on us or know our location. It's weird. We don't have almost any privacy.

~Well yeah, you've got the point here, but still we don't really have a choice. Guess that we should start working, don't you think?

~Yeah, yeah. As soon as we discover those spies, we can have some fun with them.

~Yeah, and you know what surprised me the most?

~Hm?

~The thing with philosopher's stone. We are free to create it from our enemies. I would never expect him to tell us this kind of thing.

~Guess that everyone have their dark side. Hehehehe, i kinda like where it's going even though i'm still kinda pissed off because of those earrings and bossing around. But it's still gonna be fun.

~I hope so. Well now to work. What are we going to do first? We have to find spies that infiltrated our military and we have to block thier paths here.

~Well we have 8-9 hours untill we have to be back in that cage. I think that we should stop by Sam Rogers. I know him for some time now and i know that he is in charge of files and new rectruits.

~Sounds good, we should get going and we better stop talking about our work or somebody could hear us.

~Yeah, yeah. Let's go.

We continued down the hallway and soon after we went down with elevator to the lowest floor. Envy started to lead the way. We went through some hallways that i wasn't in before but i knew that Envy knows exactly what he was doing. When we finally stopped Envy knocked on the door and walked in without waiting for answear. As we stepped inside i looked around and near one shelf i noticed some man in his mid 40s. Old man looked our direction and when he looked at Envy he froze in place.

~Y-you! What are you doing here, i thought you were dead!

Old man yelled at Envy.

~Heh, not happening. Well now, now old geezer. There is something i need from you.

Envy stepped closer and leaned closer to old man.

~W-why should i do anything for you?! I would never do a thing for you aga-

~Do you know what this is?

Envy asked pointing at his new badge from Mustang.

~H-how did you-

~Well, (Y/N) and I are right now Führer Mustang's right hands. We don't have any superiors and won't take orders from anybody except Mustsng himself. And this little badge is proof of it. So once again. We need something from you.

~Uhh-, w-what is it?

Man asked in defeated tone.

~Now, that's the thing i wanted to hear. We need you to prepare us some files. We need files on every single recruit that joined military in past month and we need you to stop recruiting new guys for quite a while, unless you can put your life on line to protect them.

~W-why do you need tha-

~That's none of your buisness, old geezer.

I answeared after few minutes of listening to Envy's and old geezer's conversation. Old geezer gave me disgusted look and was about to talk back to me until Envy grabed him by his chin and made him look into his evil purple orbs.

~Were you just glaring at my girl? Or maybe did you feel disgusted?! At first, this is my girl and you won't ever look at her like this again. Second, she is the same rank as i am so look at that fucking badge she has on her chest and show her some respect, you insect.

Envy told while being pissed off and he looked down on that man more that he ever did on anybody else. At least i didn't see him glare at anybody like he glared at that man. Few seconds were quiet and after small pause old geezer nodded his head and kept talking about how sorry he is. I didn't bother to answear him but Envy came closer to him once again and told.

~Don't make me repeat myself. Did you understand your orders?

~Y-yes, understood!

~Excelent, we will come for those files in the evening. Have them prepared for us untill 8PM. Or else-

~I understand

Old geezer saluted and both Envy and I left room.

~How do you know this old geezer?

~Heh, very easy. Quite time ago he somehow managed to see me shape shift and uncover me, but i got quickly closer and in one minute i was standing before him, cornering him and making it impossible to run away. I threatened him with his death and death of his loved ones to keep quiet and it worked. He kept silent for more than 10 years.

~That's some achievement. But why didn't you kill him on spot?

~Heh, i needed him to search something for me and it would take too long to hire someone else to that position and if i were to search for it alone it would take eternity.

~Ohhh, so that's it. It's visible that he is scared of you. Sometimes i wonder how is it possible that you can change from ,, i'll kill you and everybody else close to you,, to ,,I won't let you hurt my girl,,. And i really aperciate it.

~Heh, you know that you are the only one.

~Yeah. I know. Well where are we going now?

~Drachmans are using underground tunnels and mostly tunnel that Sloth dig to connect everything. We are just going to walk or run around whole circle and close every possible enterance inside. If we meet someone that's not supposed to be inside tunnels, we are killing them. With my speed and your alchemy we should by done by 7:30PM and then we would stop by old geezer again for our promised files.