Chapter 10.

I woke up in some unknown place and first of all i smelled heavy smell of iron.

~Blood...

I thought. When i opened my eyes everything was blured and i couldn't see a thing. When my eyes adjusted and i looked into distance but there was nothing. Just pitch black darkness. Around me was fire but not enough to light up place farther from me. I could see only surroudings close to me. I noticed that i was sitting on some kind of stone and all around me was sea of blood. I tried to stand up but it was useless. My legs were demaged. My left leg was missing up to my knee and right one was missing whole.

~I really am useless...

I told aloud without expecting answear but to my surprise someone responded.

~That's obvious when you are in state like this.

I looked to my right side to see Envy sitting on stone while his body was regenerating it's lower part.

~I didn't noticed you at all-

~Why the hell did you jupmed into that attack?! Are you really that stupid?

~You were about to get Ed away from that attack but you wouldn't make it so i wanted to pull you back from that attack but-

~But what?!

~I-i tripped. I tripped and ended up falling right into that attack.

Envy started to laugh and when he finally stopped he looked at me and told.

~But at least you tried to save my ass. Thanks i guess.

I smiled but my smile soon dissapeard.

~What's wrong (Y/N)?

~Where are we? How can we get out of here?

Envy's smile faded as well. I started to ask lot of question but he didn't answear. He stayed silent so i stopped asking and after moment he answeared.

~There is no way out.

~H-how?

~This is failed experiment of father to create portal of truth. Everything that went inside, never came out.

I looked him in his purple eyes.

~Is that so? Well, guess i'll die. Here. I can't even walk away. I'm so useless.

I started to get depressed but Envy got ahold of my shoulder and looked me in my (E/C) eyes and told me.

~Don't give up. You are not useless even though you are human.

~Huh? And what are we supposed to do in here? We. Are. Gonna. Die. Or at least i am going to die. You are immortal after all.

~It's truth that this won't kill me but i'm not immortal. It's about how much power i have in my philosopher's stone.  Every heal of fatal wound is taking one soul from my pholosopher's stone that's my core.

Envy put fingers in his chest and revealed me his philosopher's stone. I couldn't believe my eyes. Soon philosopher's stone healed that wound and I looked at him with puzzled look and he explained it more. After about 10 minutes of talking i asked if we can look around and that maybe we will find an exit. But then i remembered that my legs are out of order. Envy just sighed, took me up and gave me piggy back ride. We went through darkness where sometimes fire lightened our way. I felt good in his presence and i felt calmer than before.

~We are lucky that Gluttony ate Mustang's flames. If he didn't, we wouldn't see a thing.

I commented and Envy quietly nodded. After about 5 minutes later we met someone unexpected. Ed and Ling. I mean we are in some other dimension i don't know how big and we are lucky enough to meet each other? Well... don't mind it. We just met them and Edward started to talk to Envy.

~Envy! Please tell us the way out of here!

I was shocked from way how he talked towards Envy but i stayed quiet.

~No.

Envy simply answeared with grin on his face.

~Envy! You bastard! Tell us how to get away from here!

I looked at him and told.

~There is no way out.

He looked at me and i knew that he didn't even notice me until i spoke.

~(Y/N)?! Put her down! What are you doing to her!

I mentaly facepalmed and sighed again but i stayed quiet. Instead of me Envy answeared.

~Are you stupid? Look at her legs. She can't walk.

Ed's eyes wandered to my missing legs and told.

~What are you planning to do? There's no way you would help her.

I knew that Envy can't say that he wanted to help me or anything like that so he lied. And he was so smooth that i almost believed what he told.

~It is better to take annoying human along than stay here alone for whole eternity. At least she will amuse me a little untill she dies. And now that i met you two i can use her as hostage and i'll be out of trouble. After all i don't like fighting.

I decided that i'll tell something too.

~I didn't want to stay alone either so i decided that i'm not gonna mind his presence and we called it a truce. In this situation it's useless to fight.

Ed look at dead look in my eyes and stayed quiet. Envy came closer to them and put me down on stone where i laid myself. He sat next to me and glared at Ed. Ed glared back and i mentally facepalmed again from their childishness. In a while Ed started to ask other questions.

~What is this place?

~You should know it well enough. Wasn't that feeling when you came here familiar?

Ed took deep breath while his eyes widened.

~Portal or truth! But it doesn't look like this!

I told him the rest i knew from Envy.

~This is failed experiment of father to build portal of truth.

Ed looked at Envy with anger.

~I bet King Bradley is that father of yours-

~King Bradley?! You mean Wrath. He is nothing more than just a mere homuncullus.

~Homuncullus you say?! It would make sense that you are the ones behind all bloodshed. And Ishvalan war too.

As Ed said that i chuckled a little and whispered to Envy so Ed and Ling wouldn't hear me.

~They got you.

Envy knew what i'm talking about and his smile spread wide.