Chapter 30: Gender reveal

I am almost my first trimester. We are able to find out the gender of the baby but we decided not to know right away. Daniela suggested a gender reveal party, which I thought I was a great idea. I am showing more than I was before. I now have a cute little bump. The baby has now been fully formed and is the size of a plum.

Schools almost over, graduation is just around the corner. Next week is my last week of school.

Cesar, Monse, Jamal, Ruby and I sit on Rubys porch all brainstorming ideas for the party.

"How about a balloon?" Suggests Jamal.

"Nah too basic." Says Ruby.

"Ooo how about a box and when you open it streamers and a balloon come out with the colour of the gender." Proposes Monse.

"Too plain." Says Jamal.

"How about a piñata?" Says Ruby.

"Too kiddish." Reply's Cesar. "Okay how about smoke. Like in those little canister things?" He suggests.

"That's not a bad idea. Smoke..." I agree as I thinking of a more creative way to use smoke rather than a canister. Then I get an idea. "I know! We can use the smoke idea but instead of canisters, the smoke can come out of cars!" I say excitedly.

"I like it, very you." Says Cesar.

"And it will look so cool." Says Jamal and everyone agrees with him.

"Can I be the planner?!" Asks Ruby.

"Hell no!" Everyone says in sync.

———————————

I get home and when I get inside I see Antonio, Daniela and Oscar chatting away.

"Hey." I smile as I walk through the door. Antonio gives me a tired half wave as I walk over and sit beside Oscar at the table.

"Hey Hermosa." He says kissing me on the cheek.

"Just the person I was looking for." Says Daniela. "So I hope you know I'm going to be the planner for the gender reveal, incase anyone else tries to take the spot."

I let out a little laugh. "It's all yours." I smile.

"So any ideas?" She asks.

"Yeah I was just talking about it with the gang. Coloured smoke coming out from the exhaust of a car." I reply.

"Yes! Love it!" Replies Daniela.

"We could use my impala." Says Oscar.

"My car is available to use too." Offers up Antonio.

"Okay! That sounds great! I'm so excited." I cheer excitedly.

"Alright I'll get the powder or whatever needs to be bought for it. I'll sort everything else out, so you don't have to worry about a thing." Smiles Danny excitedly as she grabs my hand.

—————————

We're having the party at the back of Daniela's, her yard is bigger and nicer. She has the whole place set up so beautifully. Everything is decorated with blue and pink. The balloons, streamers, cupcakes and table cloths. But there's also white and gold colours, blending in perfectly with the blue and pink. There are a few white and gold balloons scattered amongst the others, the tables are white, the chairs are white and gold and there are a few gold streamers mixed in with the blue and pink.

On the grass, further back from the setup is a giant white board. Blue, pink and gold balloons are framing the border. The words 'Boy or Girl' are written in metallic gold on the board. On either side of the board rests Oscar and Antonio's impalas.