Chapter 4: Butterflys

"Pack your bags you're going to stay with Daniela." Says Antonio barging through my door.

"Jeez learn how to knock. What if I was naked." I say sitting up on my bed. "And what do you mean I'm staying with Daniela?" I ask.

"Ion care, I've raised you and it ain't nothin I haven't seen." He says leaning on my door frame. "And you're staying with Daniela because sum shit boutta go down with the prophets. And ion want yo ass hanging around here. If you with Daniela I know you safe." He explains.

That's reasonable.

"Aight when am I leaving?" I ask.

"She on her way so she prolly be here in a couple of hours." He says.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Till it blows over. But you should be back in time for school." He explains.

I nod and start packing my bags.

Suddenly my phone rings. It's Jamal.

"Hey Jamal." I say as I continue packing my bags.

"Hey Mila. Have you heard about Rollerworld?" He asks.

"Yeah I heard about it, why?" I ask.

"I believe it's real. And, I... am going to prove it." He says in a determined tone.

"Yeah how you gon do that homie?" I ask.

"I'm going to find it." He states.

"That might be hard, and I'm sure there have been others that have tried to find it." I admit.

"What you think I can't do it?" He asks.

"Ay I never said that. I said it might be hard. If anyone can find it, I know it will be you homie." I say as I finish packing.

"Thanks Mila." He says sincerely.

"So what's your first move?" I ask.

"I need intel. I'm going to ask around and gather as much info as I can." He plans as I lay on my bed on my stomach.

"Aight. But be careful, it's a touchy subject for some. You feel me?" I warn.

"Yeah I know. But I got this. This will give my life purpose. I have nothing, everyone always seems to forget about me-except for you, and it will give me something to do. The money was never recovered so that means it's still out there! I know it's out there and I'm going to find it! Ruby thinks I'm crazy but I'm going to prove him wrong!" He says getting louder with each sentence to where he is yelling by the end.

"I believe in you homie you got this. Now you go out there and prove them all wrong!" I say hyping him up.

"I will! I will, thank you Mila!" He says before the line goes silent.

I look down at my phone and see he hung up on me.

I sigh before walking out of my room. I round the corner and bump into someone, I look up and see Oscar.

Oh hell naw!

"Mila." He says smirking down at me. I've never heard him use my nickname before and it gave me butterfly's.

Butterfly's!?

No stop it!

"Spooky." I say looking up at him confidently.

"So about earlier-" He starts but I cut him off.

"It was a stupid game of kiss bang kill." I say crossing my arms.

"You know you want me hermosa." He says stepping closer to me.

"No I don't." I say and turn around to walk back into my room because I can feel myself getting flustered.

"Yes you do." He says following me.

"No I don't." I repeat.

"Come say that to my face then." He smirks.

I turn around and confidently walk up to him. I stand in front of him and he takes a step closer. He leans down our faces not even an inch apart.

"Tell me you don't want me." He says looking into my eyes.

I was looking into his but I quickly advert my gaze as my heartbeat quickens.

"I-uh..." I stutter unable to say the simple sentence.

Almost every part of me is urging me to kiss him, he would kiss me back. I just want to wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in. There's nothing that I want more right now then to kiss him.

My heart beats faster, I feel a bit weak in the knees I am using every bit of willpower to not do anything stupid.

"That's what I thought." He smirks.

His hands gently grab onto my hips and he pulls me closer, so now we're pressed up against each other.

One of his hands come up and cup my cheek. I hold onto his arm for support as he leans in. I can feel my heart beating fast and hard, butterfly's flap around wildly in my stomach, inside I am screaming internally.

I am about to kiss Oscar Diaz or as the streets call him 'Spooky'. Our lips are just about to touch when we hear the door open.

I quickly push him away and walk past him. I walk over to the front door to see Dante walking through.

"Hey Dante." I smile.

"Chula." He greets back.

"Whatchu doin here?" I ask.

"Just dropping something off for Sad Eyes." He says holding up a package.

I don't even wanna know what's in it.

"Aight. Where is he?" I ask.

"He just over at Spooky's." He says.

"Aight thanks chulo." I smile before waking out the door.