Chapter 13: Quince

I walk outside, making my way to the Diaz's. Hm no Santos around, but I know Cesar and Oscar are here. Without knocking, I walk right inside. Oscar is the first person I see.

"Hermosa." He greets as he wraps me in an embrace.

"Hey baby." I smile before I press my lips to his.

The sound of a door opening, causes us to break away. I look over to the source and see Cesar walking out the bathroom in his suit... and his head is shaved.

I pull away from Oscar, who groans in response, and make my way to Cesar.

"Nice cut homie." I say as I run my hand over his head.

He swats my hand away and sends me a weak, sad smile.

"You okay?" I ask.

He looks up at Oscar who is looking right at us.

"I have to tell you something." He mumbles as he grabs my hand. He pulls me down into his room and shuts the door. "I didn't kill Latrelle..." He states. "But it's okay because I told him not to come back and it should be fine, we're safe-" He starts to ramble but I cut him off.

"Cesar, chill. It's fine. I knew you couldn't do it. You did the right thing, this is just not you." I say before giving him a reassuring hug. "Now let's get to this quince."

——————-

"We need to tell Olivia." Says Monse as we make our way towards them.

"I don't think she'll even notice." Says Ruby.

"No! About Cesar. She needs to know he's not coming... and Jamila." Says Monse as we approach them.

"But they're already here." Says Cesar capturing their attention.

The two look at Cesar with the most shocked expressions.

"Give me some of those." Cesar says to Monse.

Ruby looks at Cesar with a horrified expression and so does Monse.

——————

When we get back to Ruby's, I turn on my phone to see many missed calls and messages from Jamal. I can't believe he didn't turn up.

I call him back and he immediately picks up.

"Where the hell are you?!" I ask angrily.

"I finally figured it out!" He says completely ignoring me. "I know where the money is buried!" He squeals.

"Can this wait, this is Olivias quince! She only has one and you should be here, you're her friend!" I scold.

"They all hate me!" He tries to defend.

"They don't hate you. Yeah they be a little mad, but Olivia ain't. She got no idea what the hell is going on! Jamal you better get yo ass here right now, or I'll drag you here myself!" I threaten.

"Sheesh woman. Fine, damn. But you better help me find this money." He whines.

"Done. Now get your ass here. And you better put on a damn suit." I demand.

"Woman, you're killing me!" He groans.

"Jamal." I say in a warning tone.

"Ugh fine! Just know I hate you!" He groans.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too." I say sarcastically before hanging up.

——————

"Jamal you came." Says Olivia with a smile on her face.