37 •

Mateo

I rub my hands nervously as I watch Valerie finish eating her food peacefully. I smile at her as she chews on her food, her natural face glowing in the setting sun.

"You're so beautiful." I smile staring at her in pure admiration.

"Thank you." She covers her mouth as she chews. She finishes eating her food & drinks her apple juice.

"We're really drinking apple juice." She laughs & I smile.

"Yes we are." I speak softly.

I stand from my seat & walk around the table standing beside her. She finished her drink & stands from her chair, quickly wrapping her arms around me with a huge smile on her face.

"Thank you! I love this." She smiles beautifully & my heart warms.

"Come on baby." I grab her hand & interlock our fingers. She removed her heels & set them aside.

"I'm walking Mateo. I love the way sand feels on my feet." She pokes my forehead & I roll my eyes. I also remove my shoes & socks. We walk away from our table & walk near the waves on the wet sand.

She loosened her fingers & I released her hand allowing her to walk towards the waves, the crashing waves hitting her feet. I stand behind her & smile.

I place my hands in my pocket & feel the texture of the small box. My heart begins pounding against my chest & I gulp.

Valerie turns around & runs over to me jumping onto me, slightly wetting my pants. I remove my hands from my slacks & grip onto her ass. She smiles at me making my heart flutter.

"I love you." She pecks my lips & I kiss her cheek.

"I love you more angel."

She jumps off my arms & runs towards the water, the waves wetting the bottom of her dress. I chuckle & shake my head. I walk towards her & wrap my arms around her body, the cold water hitting my feet.

I rest my chin on her shoulder & place my hands on her growing belly. I shower the side of her face in soft kisses making her giggle. We stand in silence as we gaze up at the sky.

I let my arms fall from her body & back away a bit. I grab the small box from my pants & stand behind her opening the velvet box revealing a diamond ring.

For the past 4 months, I've been looking for the perfect ring & I have finally found it.

She's my person.

She's the only woman who is capable of dealing with me & my shit. I've never loved someone so much.

I've grown up being told that I will never be loved because of the way I am, a sick minded bastard. Now here I am, about to propose to the woman I love, who hasn't left me although I've gifted her multiple human limbs many times.

She loves me. She loves all of me & I'm one lucky man.

"Angel." I call out & she turns around with furrowed eyebrows. She stares at me then at the small box in my hand, her brown eyes widening.