10 •

Mateo

I stare up at the blue sky & sigh. I feel soft hands caress my cheek, a small smile forming on my lips.

"Good morning." She whispers.

"It's 2 pm." I chuckle. She takes a seat beside me & I turn my head staring at the angelic woman beside me. I grab her hand & softly caress her hand.

"Do you remember anything?" I question & she furrows her eyebrows.

"Other than Zoe eating my pussy? No." She laughs & I chuckle.

"Don't let it happen again." I warn & she rolls her eyes, a smile making its way onto her lips.

"Valerie we need to talk." I sigh. Although I don't want to speak about our baby, we have to. She remains silent allowing me to continue.

"Our baby." I whisper. She pulls away & looks down, her lip beginning to quiver.

"Mateo p-please." She whispers, her voice becoming shaky.

"Angel, you mentioned it yesterday." I sigh & she shuts her eyes, a tear running down her cheek. I wipe the single tear with my thumb.

"Come here, beautiful." I hold her hand & she fluttered her eyes open. She hesitantly stands & straddles my lap.

I wrap my arms around her & pull her closer. My hands find their way into the shirt I dressed her in yesterday, my hands gripping on her rolls.

"Baby, I didn't leave you. The pain of losing a child is unbearable. We pushed each other away when we needed each other the most." I sigh. She rests her forehead against mine, her addictive scent putting me at ease.

"I know..." she whispers.

"I was on edge. Everything & anyone angered me. I was there angel."

"When I finally realized how to deal with the pain, you were gone." I speak softly & she shuts her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mateo. I needed my mother. I knew I wasn't alone but I felt alone." She whispers.

"I know, baby." I sigh.

"I changed. I needed to move on Mateo."

"Everything changed, but the love I have for you is still the same." I whisper.

I softy play with her rolls enjoying squeezing them. I place a soft kiss on her lips making her smile beautifully.

"Don't leave me again, angel." I whisper against her lips & she smiles.

"I don't have it in me to let you go Mateo."

...

Valerie

I run my fingers through Mateo's curls as he sucks on my left breast, his arms securely wrapped around my body.

After our small talk about our baby, he's been clinging onto me. I don't want to speak about the past anymore, the thought of our baby pains me.