34 •

Mateo

I stare at Valerie as she peacefully sleeps on my chest, a wide smile plastered on my face. We're really having a baby. The moment I've seen the word "positive", I've never felt happier.

Years ago, a fuck ass doctor told us she will never be capable of carrying a child full term. I saw the pain & heartbreak flash in her brown eyes.

I ended up killing him. He was rude & his disgusting attitude towards Valerie angered me.

Her & I made an appointment yesterday, she was excited. The bright smile on her face made me happy.

The thought of us having a baby & the man above allowing us to keep this one makes my heart warm.

I smile to myself. I look down & caress her soft cheek, the love I have for her growing every day, tremendously.

"My angel." I mumbled.

...

Valerie

I grip onto Mateo's hand tightly as we walk through the hospital's long corridors behind a nurse. She leads us into a room & hands me a small cup along with a cold bottle of water.

She gives me directions to the bathroom & leaves. I head to the bathroom & drink the water, waiting patiently until I need to pee. I urinate in the cup & wash my hands.

I leave the bathroom & head back into the room finding Mateo snooping around in the doctor's cabinets.

"Sit down you nosey fuck." I laugh & he chuckles. I shut the door behind me & sit on the bed. I fidget with my fingers & let out a breath, a bit nervous.

I look around the room & nibble on my bottom lip.

"Relax angel." He whispers & I gulp. I try my best to relax but I can't.

Mateo & I wait 30 minutes for the doctor to arrive. Mateo held an impatient look & I sigh. I just know he's going to say something to this doctor.

Finally after a few more minutes of waiting, there's a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." I speak softly & the door opens revealing a beautiful woman. She steps into the room & Mateo glares at her, his glare sending chills down my spine.

"Don't start." I whisper.

"What took you so long ma'am?" Mateo crossed his arms over his chest. Although, he's pissed, he asked 'respectfully'. I think.

The doctor laughs in response making Mateo chuckle. I gulp & look down.

"I have other patients who need my care & are important, you two aren't my only patients. If there's a problem, there's the door." She replies & I raise an eyebrow.

"I w-" I cut Mateo off knowing exactly what his sentence will be.

"So I'm not important? I'm your patient like anyone else." I speak up catching Mateo off guard, he always does the talking. It's rare of me to talk back to people.