29 •

Mateo

I smile down at Valerie, the pain on my lower abdomen hurting like hell but I want her close to me. I raise my hand & softly caress her brown cheek, my heart fluttering. There's a soft knock at the door & I sigh.

"Come in." I speak softly making sure not to wake her. Milo peeks his head in & I smile.

"Tio." He smiles at me & approaches the bed. I shake his hand & he points at Valerie.

"Is that Valerie? Wow, I missed her talking my ear off." He chuckles & I laugh. I groan at the sharp pain on my lower abdomen from laughing.

"Valencia sent you this." He hands me a small brown teddy bear & I smile.

"Tell her I said Gracias. Where she is anyways?" I question.

"She's in Canada with Dimitri & my mother." He responds & I nod my head. I shift my gaze onto the beauty sleeping on my chest & analyze her face, she's so beautiful.

"You're in love." Milo speaks & I smile, my cheekbones beginning to ache from how hard I'm smiling.

"I am. I'm so in love with this woman." I whisper, my gaze remaining on Valerie.

"Get well Tio & when she wakes up, tell her to call me. I missed her." He smiles & I chuckle humorously. He shakes my hand & places a soft kiss on Valerie's forehead before leaving.

I sigh & rest my chin on her head.

I look at her head & chuckle to myself. She didn't have her bonnet so I asked a nurse for a t- shirt so she'll wrap her hair in it. Even with a shirt on her head & her drooling all over my chest, she's still the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on.

I smile to myself & grab her hand softly, interlocking our fingers. I rub my thumb on her empty ring finger.

It won't be empty soon.

...

Valerie

I am woken up by the sounds of crashing. I am startled & jump up. I look around not finding Mateo in bed. I groan & remove myself off the bed. I notice the bathroom door being wide open.

I enter the bathroom finding Mateo on the ground holding onto his lower abdomen. I notice the blood drenching his hospital gown, his eyebrows furrowed together. I rush over to him & place my hands on his wound.

"I'm fine." He swats my hands away.

"You don't fucking listen bruh!" I yell at him & he looks at me with innocent eyes.

I back away & leave the bathroom, quickly pressing the red emergency button. Within seconds, 2 nurses rush in.

"He's bleeding." I whisper pointing to the bathroom, my heart racing. They nod & enter the bathroom. I follow them & help him off the ground.

"Don't touch me, I can stand on my own. Back up." He groans pushing us away.

"Sir-"