11 •

Valerie

24 hours ahead.

I sit up against the headboard, carefully watching Mateo as he reloads his pistol. His back is to me, my eyes slowly lingering over his back tattoos & scars. His back muscles making my mouth water.

He lifts his head & we lock eyes through the mirror, the corner of his lips lift forming into a smirk. I look away from his predatory gaze. I gulp & take my bottom lip into my mouth, nibbling on it.

"If I hadn't walked in, you & Zoe would've fucked, correct?" He questions. I lift my head & stare at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Maybe." I whisper not really knowing if Zoe was willing to take it that far.

"Yes or no, angel." He speaks, the look in his eyes scaring me. I gulp.

"Yes." I speak softly, my voice being just above a whisper.

"Mhm." He hums. He doesn't say nothing else making me nervous.

"Mateo..." I call out. He ignores me & continues load up his pistol.

I hesitantly stand & slowly approach him from behind. I wrap my arms around his warm & muscular body, my head resting on his warm back.

He turns around & sets the barrel of his pistol on my forehead, a smile plastered on his face. He then slowly travels the pistol down my face, the cold metal making me shudder.

"I will never hurt you angel, but I can't promise you I won't hurt Zoe. I'm a very possessive man, Valerie. Although I won't hurt you, I will fucking destroy your insides." He speaks calmly, too calm for my liking. I can only nod in response.

He sets his pistol aside. He wraps his his tatted hand around my neck & leans down capturing my lips into a rough & deep kiss. He slips his tongue into my mouth, our tongues roughly moving against each other's.

He pulls away & places a soft kiss on my forehead. He caresses my cheek with his thumb making me smile softly.

"I will be paying my little cousin a visit." He speaks & I gulp.

"Don't hurt her." I whisper.

"Mhm."

I back away & he walks pass me, heading into the closet. I sigh & take a seat on the bed. I bite the inside of my cheek nervously.

He won't hurt her, she's family. Right?

...

Mateo

I walk into Zoe's home finding her smoking a blunt on the couch with an ash tray in front of her, multiple blunts being pre rolled.

She looks at me with low & red eyes for a split second before returning her attention to the blunt in between her fingers.

"Did you come here to shoot me?" She questions, her voice being low & raspy. I chuckle in response.

"No, even though I should, but that's not what I'm here for." I speak truthfully & she scoffs.