Chapter 4 missing piece

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

~☂️~

The handler was eating her pancakes enjoying her meal while Lila was trying to figure out her mothers plan. While nick was seating besides Lila listening to their plan, but Lila was still confused by the request of her mission.

" you want me to protect five?" Lila

" it's not that complicated, honey?" The handler told her daughter, while mouth was full.

" if anyone deserves to die, it's him. " Lila told her mom.

" that's true, but--"

" the most wanted man in the commission. "

" yes. I did. "

" now you want me to protect him. "

" that's correct. "

She answered her for the finale time, finishing her meal.

" after everything he's done to you? He's the reason you got demoted. " Lila told her reasoning to her, trying to figure out how and when things change about her revenge.

" but that as it may..." The handler paused by that response, trying to tell her why five is more important. " he's worth more to me alive. "

She pours a drink to her cup. Lila looked at her with silent confusion to her assignment. Lila look at nick, Who is eating his meal that the handler gave him. Seating there listening to lilas complaint, looked at him then to her mom.

" what the hell are you doing out here anyway?" She told him, turned to her mother, " why him? I thought you said he's the lowest rank. "

The handler stare at her, " the reason I bring him out here was because he's one of the best of the skills but then the lowest rank of his knowledge, so just his skills are the best. But it was because of eight, aka Valentina hargreeves. "

" oh, fives girlfriend. "

Nick stopped her by her comment. " she's not his girlfriend. "

" oh really? Then what's your mission. Lover boy?"

" I'm here helping your mother, luring Valentina into the commission. " he paused, taking a bite of his pancakes. " as in return she'll move me up the ranks. "

Lila look back at her mom. " you are capturing her to not only get back at five but get Valentina as well. "

" exactly. But seeing that he's very, very protective of her, I don't know if it's a sibling thing or family, or he's in love. " the handler

" it's the love part. " Lila

" why that's?" Nick

" because I see him holding onto that lil stupid necklace. Like he's worried about her well being and missing her. " Lila explained to them, as she notice lil signs of fives feelings to Valentina she kept hearing about even though she hasn't meet her wondering what she looks like.