Thunder

Elizabeth's POV:

Another loud crash coming from outside. Another small scream coming from the hallway now and a loud thud. Quickly dropping the clothes that was in my hands and running out of the room. But no Eve in sight, her door was open.

"Eve?" As I walk quicker to the door passing by the stairs. Stairs. Stopping looking at the stairs. I start to hear faint sobs. Hearing her call me again but its coming from her room. A sigh leaving my mouth.

Walking into her room not seeing her. Only her muffled sobs echoing through her room. The closet being the only other place she could go to. As I grab the handle having deja vu.

"Baby mommy is here." Gently opening the door and crouching down. Seeing her curled up in the corner. Eve lifts her head up tears running down her cheek. Another loud crash and the room flashing with light. She screams again. "Hey hey, its okay."

Picking her up in my arms. She quickly nuzzles into me. Her small arms tighten around my neck. I can feel her shaking. I kiss her head telling her everything is gonna be alright. My legs start feeling numb since I'm crouching.

"No" I freeze in spot. "Close the door" Eve lets out between sobs. I make the decision to stay here with her. Not caring that my phone is in the other room. Right now I wanna comfort my baby.

"How about we stay here for a bit. Then we-" She shakes her head and lets whine. "Then we go eat and cuddle." Another crash happens and I feel her small nails against my skin. I hold her small head and back.

Evelyn's POV:

I hold onto her tighter as I hear the loud noises happen again. I hate these noises. Thunder. The closet being the only place I felt safe in. Where mami always used to put me in everytime papi got into a fight.

Bangs from outside is heard. Yelling. Screaming. Mami picking me up and running into her room. Opening the closet doors.

"Stay here mi amor si." She kisses my head and closes the door. More bangs from outside. Looking through the cracks seeing the window. Then shatter making me scream.

"My baby, my baby" I feel us move more against the wall. Hearing her voice. "You're my baby, say it to me"

Elizabeth's POV:

As I start to sing I feel her calm down. She moves back a little pulling my head towards her. Understanding what she wants I put our forheads together. "Baby, my baby"

"Tell your baby" Hearing her small voice making me smile. "That I'm your baby" I rub her back a couple times. She takes a deep breathe her small body shaking as she does. Making me pout how bad she was shaking before.

I feel a small tug on the shirt. Looking down to see Eve look back at me. I should really stop breastfeeding her. But those cute eyes and that adorable face I just can't do it. Knowing she probably didn't have this much comfort and skin to skin contact with her mom.

She keeps her eyes closed now that there is only flashes of light. I never closed to door of the closet. Which I think now she realized it.

---

After a couple whines of not wanted to leave. I convinced Eve to leave the closet. She was super clingy now but I don't mind. I rested her on hip as I cooked something to eat. Looking at clock and reminding myself of the difference in time.

Eve's head laid on my shoulder. Pacifier in her mouth as she held Mr. Snuggles close to her. I would kiss her head time from time. The tunder had stoped now only the rain being heard outside.

"Eve" Only a small hum being heard. "Can you go sit at the table. I promise I'll be there in second. I have to put the food on the plates and I don't want to hurt you." She turned her head looking at the table. Which near the table was the glass door to the small backyard. I feel her nod her head. Taking her pacifier out of her mouth giving a small peck at her lips.

She walking over to the table pulling on the chair. As I quickly put the food on the plates. Giving Eve a little bit knowing she won't eat much. As I grab some spoons I hear my phone ring.

"Baby can yo-" before I can finish my sentence. I hear I hear a familiar voice. Kathryn's.

"Hi Eve!" I take our plates and place it down on the table. "You look sad, what happened." Eve didn't answer and just looked at the screen. "Was it mommy? You tell me and I'll yell at her." Making both me and Eve laugh at Kathryn.

I extend my hand towards my phone. Which Eve slowly passes it to me. "What did you to my Eve?"

"Well hello to you too. I've been great."

"I'm sorry hello there Lizzie. Now why is my little Eve sad?"

"Your? Wow. Its raining and you know what comes with rain thunder."

"Aww I remember those days of cradling my two children because of tunder." Kathryn is in France right now. Filming for Knives out 2. She in the other hand is alone. Her husband and her children were back in California.

We spend time talking catching up on stuff. Talking about the interview we have tomorrow. Her asking me on what she can say and what not. Kathryn bringing up the song I sang to her on the last day. Making me roll my eyes at her teasing.

After finishing dinner and talking to Kathryn. I help Eve brush her teeth and heading to bed. As on the way to bed. Eve let's go of my hand thinking maybe she dropped her bunny I continue walking. As I reach her door I realize she isn't beside me. I turn around seeing her stand near the door of my bedroom.

"Your not gonna sleep in your bed are you?" She shook her head and moved closer to the door. I walk back to my room and cup her face. "Its okay that means more cuddles." I scoop her up planting kisses all over her face. Small giggles and squeals.

As I pull the sheets over us and turn of the night lights. Eve quickly moves towards me. I kiss her head and put my arm around her.

_________________________

Author's Note:

HEY MY LOVES!! Here is your second chapter of the week. Thanks for the idea Germangielove29. ADDED THE SPECIAL SONG😈

I added the small portion of the song. I bet in losing dogs by of course Mitski. Its a slowed down version. Its at the top. Or here is the link.

Link:

https://youtu.be/qSseZGYa9xE

Who else is scared of the thunder? I am LMAO. Ever since lightning hit my backyard I've been petrified ever since.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Make sure to take care of yourselfs. Eat, drinking water and get enough sleep. Have a good day/night! I love you all.

BYEEEE

-Lyn