Chapter 22 | Bruises

Enjoy!!

----------------------------------------------------------

As my eyes glazed over the text, I quickly got dressed and went to some alleyway that Shikamaru said things were going down in.

I don't see why Shikamaru of all people would be interested with fights or anything... So why's he calling me over? Ugh...

I groaned from my sore back, eventually pulling myself together as I ran, soon arriving as my mind ran wild.

"It's...

Naruto?!" I gasped when I saw Naruto and Sakura yelling at each other.

Naruto seemed pissed, and Sakura looked as if she was throwing a fit.

What the hell...

Suddenly, Naruto threw a punch, I couldn't hear exactly what she said but I knew my name was in it.

I guess he didn't like it because then he kept going at her, trying to punch her as police came and tried to pull him back.

"...Naruto?..." I looked at him curiously and worried. Idiot...

Naruto immediately froze, hesitating to hit her again. The police eventually pulled him and handcuffed him and took him in for questioning.

"Sir," a police called to me, catching my attention. "You need to be brought in for questioning too." He said and I nodded as I went along with them.

We arrived in a very plain looking room with only white noise. An officer sat in front of me, and Naruto along with another cop came in, making him sit in the seat beside me.

I sighed. "Naruto... What did you get yourself into?" I looked at his bruises sadly.

Naruto laughed nervously. "It will get explained soon."

The officer asked me questions about how I was related to it, and asked Naruto why he did it, all of the questions were answered and we were eventually let go.

We walked with each other since he offered to take me home. I nodded. I couldn't help but keep looking at the bruises sadly. My hand glided over them as we stood in front of the car next to my home.

"Why did you..." I sighed. "She called you a slur.... I was just seeing red at that point. I'm sorry." Naruto said as his hand went to my face, holding it in his palm.

I looked at the ground. "You got yourself hurt over me? Idiot..." I laughed as I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug.

I don't want to let go. Not ever.
Even if it'll hurt me in the end...

What's the point? It'll hurt way worse if I just leave him anyway.

"Huh? Oh. Haha... Yeah, I guess I really am an idiot this time..." He patted my head, and wrapped his arms around me.

..

"So what happened?" I questioned as we sat on my bed. "Huh?" Naruto looked confused.

"Why did you yell at her in the first place?... I thought you two were close." I sighed.

It hurts to even think of them close.

"Oh, right. Basically she was hitting on me and I told her I was already with you, I even showed her my ring... But then she kept bothering me about it so I got mad." He said calmly. My eyes widened.

"So you don't like her?" I muttered. Naruto laughed after a few minutes of silence. "No no, not in that way! I was only like that when I was a kid."

I smiled, and began laughing with him. Well great, now I'm the idiot...

..

"So, do you think you will come over again? You know, to the apartment?" Naruto asked, his hand gliding over mine as he eventually held it tightly.

I nodded. He grinned. "You're not going to leave again are you? Promise me?" He begged, and so I agreed. "Okay... I promise,"

I smiled. "I hope you're not the type to break promises! They mean a lot to me." Naruto laughed in a settle way.

"Of course I'm not. I don't go back on my word, just like you..." I kissed him on the cheek.

I turned red once he stared at me for a few moments. He giggled. "Well then, let's get you packed to go back to your home,"

I nodded and laughed with him. "Yes... Let's go home."

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed, loves!

I am pretty happy with this chapter, but I want to check to make sure, this all makes sense right? It does in my head but I don't know if I clarified everything correctly.

Don't forget to vote and comment, that boosts my story! And drop a follow so that you get notifications for every time I update.

I try to update every day between 2-6 am CST. Yes my schedule is fucked up lmaooo

783 words