Don't Ph34r the Reaper

Sheila's turret is pointed at Grif, then it turns to Simmons.

Grif: Why is it just sitting there?

Simmons: Just trying to mess with our heads. Let's get back to the Warthog.

"I don't think tanks are sentient." CT commented.

(≖_≖ ) That's racist.

CT stared at her. "That's not racist."

It totally is. Wow CT, I'm so disappointed right now. I thought I taught you better-

"-You didn't teach me anything."

-I can't even look at you right now. - _ -

"...It's a tank."

And? Mechanical objects don't have feelings just because they're not meatsacks like us? Well lemme tell you, they can have feelings. Our cars Monty and Luna make sure that we're always safe and I have a longstanding feud with the popcorn machine. That bastard.

CT stared at the screen, trying to determine if she was being serious. "I think I'm done with this conversation." For the sake of my sanity. She thought to herself.

Cut to Sheila's HUD.

Sheila: This tank is equipped with an auto-fire sequence that can be activated by pressing the auto-fire button.

Caboose: Auto-fire, auto-fire, here, here! No, wait... okay, that's more a switch than a button...

Sheila: (in the background) This will end the tutorial, and should only be activated if proper safety procedures-

Cut to Simmons and Grif.

Simmons: Okay, you ready? Let's do this on three. One...

Grif: Wait. On three? Or three and then go?

Simmons: On three. It's always faster to go on three.

"Yeah, I never got that. Why do people go after three instead of on three?" Wash asked.

"Some people are really dumb, that's why." South said from where she was tearing into her steak and chicken.

Wash stared at her. "Okaaaay." He watched her eat her steak and chicken with a mixture of disgust and fascination.

Grif: Okay, okay. On three.

Cut to Sheila's HUD.

Caboose: Here! (click)

Sheila: Tutorial deactivated. Auto-fire sequence activated.

Cut to Simmons.

Simmons: Ready?

Cut to Sheila's HUD.

Sheila: Acquiring target.

Cut to Church and Tucker.

Church: I'm going for the jeep. Cover me.

Cut to Simmons and Grif. Grif is backing away.

Simmons: One...

Grif turns around and starts running away. The view cuts to Sheila's HUD, her crosshair following Grif.

"30 points if there's 3 pieces of him." South grinned.

"South, what the fuck?" York looked at South, disturbed.