49- distractions

you were watching your brother's graduation with every bit of your attention while mattsun was sitting next to you with every gear in his head popping out of place.

the rest of the letters that you tore off

those ripped pages were torn off for a reason. you two had only been dating a day when he gave you those letters. he couldn't scare you off before your relationship even started.

which is why he ripped those letters.

but now you had been dating for a few months and it was amazing. despite not seeing each other every day or calling each other every day, mattsun knew your relationship was still on the best terms possible.

"kyotani kentaro." you, makki, and your mom began to clap wildly while iwaizumi let out a whistle when kentaro's name was called out. mattsun quickly regained focus and began clapping along.

your mom stood up and continued clapping. not soon after you and makki stood up. mattsun kept a hold on your shirt after noticing that you were close to climbing onto the chair. he also did the same with makki.

the principal of the school looked taken aback at the amount of applause kentaro got while kentaro himself looked like he wanted to disappear.

once your little group settled down everyone else was called. you drifted your attention away from the ceremony and to your boyfriend who was staring ahead at nothing.

you leaned over to him and looked in the direction he was looking in. "what are you looking at?" you whispered into his ear and made him jump. you pulled back a little but his hand pulled you back toward him.

"trying to remember where i put the rest of those letters." he answered which wasn't a lie. he had no idea where he threw those pieces of paper. he could only hope that he still had them in his room somewhere.

it's not like those parts of the letters could be rewritten. well, they could. but it wouldn't be the same.

"come on, i wanna see kentaro." you grabbed his hand and dragged him over to the graduating class. mattsun grabbed your bag before you could run off and you went to find your brother.

"kentaro!" you dropped mattsun's hand and threw your arms around your brother. mattsun moved to the side and gave kentaro a side hug while you were still hugging him.

"you can let go now." kentaro said after he quickly hugged you back. you let him go and went back to mattsun, but kentaro didn't escape hugs for that long.

two seconds after you broke away from him, your mom took your spot and you assumed that she was already tearing up.

after your mom let go of him, makki and iwaizumi approached him. makki threw one arm around his shoulder and iwaizumi squeezed his shoulder. kentaro's cheeks were red and he looked almost shy at the amount of attention he was receiving.

"you did it." you beamed, feeling like the proudest sister.

"yeah, i know." kentaro rubbed the back of his neck. "thanks for coming. you two i know would be here." he waved his hand at you and your mom. "and i expected you cause you follow my sister anywhere." he looked to mattsun who just shrugged in agreement. "but you two didn't have to be here."

"little kyotani, we got suspended together last year, of course we're going to be at your graduation." makki grinned. "our little group has to stick together."

"when will you let go of the fact that we got suspended?" kentaro threw a nervous glance to his mom.

"never. it's a crucial point of our friendship."