21 - run

"why are you always studying now?" makki walked up to you in the library during break.

"exams aren't that far away." you continued writing down notes while you read.

"yeah but you'll pass." makki scoffed and pulled out the chair next to you. he was about to sit down but mattsun grabbed his shirt collar and pulled him back.

"and like we said before. if you don't then we'll fail together." mattsun sat down next to you and you looked up at him.

"oh okay. so you won't look up when i talk to you, but look up when he does." makki said too quietly for you to hear but loud enough for mattsun.

"you've been studying so much lately." mattsun dropped the humor and started becoming serious. "literally all we've seen you do is study."

"exams." was all you said and that made mattsun take your pen and close your books. "you better had the page number memorized."

mattsun paused for a second before opening the textbook again and looking for the page you were on. "249. now stop studying and hang out with us."

"maybe you guys should study with me." you suggested and tried to get your stuff back.

"that's my cue to escape!" makki jumped up from his chair and walked out of the library, leaving you and mattsun alone.

"come on. iwaizumi wants you to get your nose out of a book too." mattsun stood up and waited for you.

"is he there?" you didn't have to say the name for mattsun to know who you were talking about.

"fuck no."

"okay." mattsun handed you your stuff back and you put it all in your bag.

"you can't keep doing this you know." mattsun had stuck his hands in his pockets while you two walked to the cafeteria.

"doing what?" you acted oblivious which mattsun didn't believe.

"drowning yourself in studying and homework. you never study this much even at end of the year exams." mattsun knew you. you never spent every minute of your free time studying.

"it's third year exams. the most important." you excused.

"sure." mattsun dropped the topic, but that didn't make him forget it in his head.

you two entered the cafeteria and you tensed up when you saw half the population in the cafetereia turn to look at you. "well shit." you muttered and mattsun glanced down at you.

"just ignore it." he led you over to the table makki and iwaizumi were at and you sat down. iwaizumi slid over so mattsun so could sit next to you.

"so everyone knows." you crossed your arms on top of the table and tried to avoid making eye contact with someone. "that's fun."

"nosy fuckers." iwaizumi glared at a few people who were staring and they looked away.

"it's fine. that's one of the amazing perks of dating and then breaking up with a popular guy!" you said sarcastically.

"at least we're out of here in a few weeks." makki said and leaned back as far as he could without falling out of his seat.

"then university!" you added cheerfully with fake enthusiasm. "more school!"

"can't wait." mattsun wanted to ask where you were going for university, but held back.

you four continued talking until the bell rung for everyone to get back to class. but on the way to class there was someone who was following you and you turned your head over your shoulder to see.