31 - we need to talk

mattsun was spinning his pen around while looking around the room. it was exam week and he was already done with his exam.

so his attention easily went to you. you were leaning over your paper and lightly tapping your pen against the desk while reading the question over and over again. it didn't make any more sense even if you reread it a hundred times.

"five minutes." your teacher announced and everyone started filling out random answers for the ones they didn't know. you quickly wrote down an answer relating to the topic and hoped for the best.

you started reviewing your answers and were unaware of mattsun staring at you. he had to glance back at the teacher every few seconds to make sure he wouldn't get caught.

when the five minutes were up you practically threw your pen into your bag and shot out of your chair, wanting to leave the classroom. mattsun wasn't far behind you.

"how was it?" he quickly caught up to you.

"i think i failed."

"you've been studying nonstop since, well, you know." mattsun avoided the breakup topic.

"that doesn't mean i couldn't have failed." you stressed and shook his arm. "do you know how many times I've studied and failed and this is the most important test of the year!"

"you're going to be fine." mattsun grabbed the sleeve of your uniform and pulled you to the hallway where makki's class was.

"i think I'm losing brain cells." makki cried and fell dramatically into mattsun's arms.

"you can't lose what you never had." mattsun replaced dryly and made him stand upright again.

"wow, ouch. that hurts right here." makki pointed at his chest, probably thinking that was where his heart was. he had his hand placed on the wrong side of his chest.

"um." you moved his hand so it was on the left side of his chest. "there you go."

"i totally knew that." makki patted his chest and picked up his bag that had fallen when he fell into mattsun.

"totally." mattsun nodded, unconvinced.

"oh, i forgot my book." you rummaged through your bag and saw that it was missing.

"I'll walk back with you." mattsun offered but you shook your head.

"i can get it." you turned around and started walking back to the classroom.

"we'll wait for you at the gate!" makki called. "now let's go pick up iwaizumi and kyotani junior."

you found your book still at your desk when you came back and opened it up to the page you left off on. while you were walking downstairs to the front gate someone grabbed your wrist and pulled you back into an empty classroom.

"hey! what the f- okay what the actual fuck?" you said when oikawa was standing in front of you. "let me out."

"we need to talk."

"i don't think we do." you tried to open the door to leave, but he stopped you by grabbing your arm again. "let go of me."

"no. we need to make things clear." oikawa said. "i didn't cheat on you."

"i don't care."

"i didn't, really. nothing happened until after we broke up."

"and that's supposed to be better? let's see. you don't cheat. great. but you moan another girl's name and then you're off kissing her in the middle of the mall hours after the breakup. oh, and not to mention it was my birthday, but at least you didn't cheat."