42 - presents

the doorbell rang at the matsukawa house at ten in the morning and caused the two siblings to jump up and race each other to the door.

"go away mai! go get interested in your presents like every other kid!" mattsun said when the girl bolted past him.

"but it's your pretty friend! i wanna see her again!"

"i know she's pretty and i want to see her too which is why you should sit back down!" mattsun reached for his sister and picked her up to put her back on the couch.

"you saw her last night!" mai complained and threw a pillow at him. "she might not even remember me!"

mattsun flung the door open and greeted your mom and kentaro. he let them go inside the house before turning to you.

"hi." you wrapped your arms around his neck and he pulled you up into a hug, making your feet lift off the floor. "merry christmas." you turned your head and pressed your lips against his.

he slowly put you down and deepened the kiss. one arm extended out to shut the door and he took a few steps forward so your back was against the wood.

"i could kiss you forever and my heart will be like this every time." he raised your hand to rest over his heart and you felt the erratic beating of it under your palm.

he hand was still covering yours and you turned your hand around to interlace your fingers together. you moved your hands away from his chest and kissed the back of his hand. "it's nice to know i have that effect on you."

"since day one." he followed you into the living room and you were taken away from him by a little girl that happened to be his sister.

"hi!" mai greeted and hugged you around your waist. "you remember me right?" she pulled you away from mattsun and left him standing behind the couch.

"mai." you smiled and brushed your fingers through her brown hair. "of course, i remember you." mai smiled brightly at your comment before running over to get a cookie for you.

"i baked these last night." you took the cookie in your hand and took a bite of it. there was a lot of sprinkles and icing on it but you swallowed it down.

"they're sweet." you said, making sure your tone was positive despite how hard it was to eat the cookie.

"thank you!" mai went off to give your other two family members some of her cookies. there had moved into the dining room while mattsun was waiting for you, still leaning against the couch. you walked back to him and he reached down and took a bite that only left you with half of the cookie.

"she's been baking cookies since she was four with our help. they're good until she adds a pile of sprinkles and a mountain of icing." he said to you. "but i've had to eat these for years now so i've got a stomach of steel."

"stomach of steel?" you took another small bite of the cookie before mattsun took the rest. "so if i punched you in the stomach you wouldn't feel it?"

"try me." he turned you towards him. "right in the stomach, give me your hardest punch." you quickly scanned his christmas outfit.

red pants, a white shirt with a christmas tree of it, and then there was a santa hat that was hanging out of his pants pocket. on his feet were decorative christmas socks that matched the christmas day vibe.

"you're gonna have to prepare yourself another trip to the hospital after this." you warned him and he just watched you.

"sure i will."

"might as well ask me not to ruin christmas day by sending you off because i punched you too hard." mattsun simply just lifted up his shirt slightly and gestured for you to punch him.