44 - five seasons

mattsun was clinging onto you like you were going to slip away at any second. which you were since the holiday break was over.

"sneak me into your dorm." he said, his arms around your waist while you walked. his mouth was pressing kisses all over your cheek and his hands moved up and down from your waist to your hips.

"we can always drive and see each other." you turned around when you reached his car. "don't get into another accident." your finger tapped against his forehead.

"will you come visit me if i do?" he asked with a grin on his face.

"no." his grin didn't even falter.

"ow." the grin was still apparent and as bright as ever.

"not if you do it on purpose." you played with the neckline of his crewneck sweatshirt before tugging him down. mattsun quickly went to kiss you and felt the warm feeling in his chest whenever he did.

"please don't get into another crash." you said against his lips. you couldn't bear seeing him in pain even though he insisted it didn't hurt.

you didn't know that he's been in pain for the last three years though.

"i won't." mattsun broke the kiss and pulled you against his chest. "i promise, i won't on purpose." you poked his ribs. "okay okay, i'll drive very carefully."

"thank you." your hand moved up to his chest above his heart and felt his heartbeat under your hand. it was faster than usual and you let it sink in that it was like that because of you.

mattsun looked down at the hand on his chest and his eyes moved further down to the bracelet on your wrist. he didn't even know that he could ever feel this happy.

"bye y/n!" mai ran up to you and hugged you around the waist, shoving mattsun away. the last few days have been mai and mattsun fighting for your attention. "issei keeps taking you away."

"that's so mean of him." you heard mattsun's scoff from where he was next to you. "poor you, having to have such a mean brother."

"stop stealing my girlfriend, mai." mattsun pulled you back against his chest.

"i'm not stealing her, issei. i'm only telling her the truth." mai looked up at her brother and held onto your hand. "you'll come back to visit?"

"you know if i don't someone will be dragging me back here." you both looked to mattsun who was skimming his fingers against the back of your neck.

makki's car pulled up behind yours and iwaizumi was sitting in the passenger seat. makki rolled down his window and stuck his head out.

"y/n! get him out of my car and drive this guy to the airport!" he shouted and literally kicked iwaizumi out of his car. "mattsun, i'm driving you back!"

"already?" mattsun kept his hold on you.

"yes! hurry up!" makki stuck his head back inside while iwaizumi moved to sit in your car.

"i hate having to leave you." he groaned and dropped his forehead onto yours. "but at least now i know you're not off with some random guy from university."

"oh well, i suppose i'll have to call all the random university guys and tell them i'm taken now." you teased and mattsun's lips were pressed against yours in an instant.

"yeah, you go do that. i'm the one dating you now and everyone else can fuck off." he said against your lips before letting you go.

"and you're going back to your school as a taken guy." you added and pecked his lips once more before opening the car door.

"oh, you don't have to worry about that. i'll be showing you off every time i can." he kissed your nose before walking to makki's car. "don't crash like i did!"

you got into your car and started the engine. "you sure driving me to the airport won't interfere with your schedule?" iwaizumi made sure while you started driving down the street.

"positive." you glanced to your right and saw mattsun talking to makki while looking over at you through the window.

the corner of your lips tipped up and you looked over at him and he gave you a quick wink before returning to his conversation with makki. the two of you glanced over to each other multiple times while driving down the street.

there was a turn coming up with only two option. turn left or turn right. you turned right while makki turned left. and that was the end of your short glances to each other.

"how are you?" iwaizumi spoke up once he had your attention.

"i'm good. really good." you answered and looked into the rearview mirror to see if you could still see makki's car.

"you really like him? mattsun, i mean. he's liked you since the moment he laid eyes on you." you knew that now after reading the letters.

"i know and i really do." you admitted. "i like him more than i realized. i thought for two years that he was just my best friend that i wanted to be with all the time. i didn't really realize i was slowly catching feelings in the process.."

"it was really obvious." iwaizumi laid out for you. "you always let him in more than the rest of us." he stretched his legs out and placed his arms over the headrest. "and someone you missed all the signs of his feelings for you."

"hey, leave me alone. he wasn't that obvious."

"oh y/n.." iwaizumi let out a short sigh and shook his head. "you really didn't see him staring at you pushing the rest of us away just so he could sit next to you."

also, makki's one photo album on his phone would show you everything you needed to know, but he kept that information away from you.

"he put himself in the friendzone more times than i figured someone who had feelings would." you pointed out and iwaizumi couldn't help but agree with you.

"yeah well, he would've rather been your best friend than just a friend, i suppose. he did have to watch you be in love with oikawa for nearly three years."

"but now i'm his girlfriend."

"and he is so much happier." iwiazumi crossed his arms and looked over to you. "you have no idea how proud makki and i were. it was like watching two characters in a show finally get together after five seasons."

"five seasons?"

"five seasons with loads of sexual tension and almost kisses." he added. "and heated stares along with too far from friendly hugs."

"far from friendly hugs? we had far from friendly hugs?" you looked back at the hugs that you and mattsun shared through the years.

"not to mention that day we got suspended and you both healed each other up." iwaizumi remembered that day. "the sexual tension during that day was through the roof."

"were you literally watching us like a tv show?"

"yes. you two were our source of entertainment through third year." he admitted. "the lovesick boy who was in- has feelings for the taken girl. great tv show if you ask me."

iwaizumi knew that mattsun would kill him if he had slipped up his words.

you stayed quiet and thought about his words for a few minutes. you did notice the linger looks that he gave you and how much closer you were to him than the other two.

you just never realized how deep your feelings for him actually were. they were buried under the heartbreak from oikawa and it seemed like they made their way back up themselves.

mattsun was the one who pulled those feelings up. he was the one who was always there. he pushed away the broken pieces oikawa left and replaced them with his.

and they felt like they were supposed to be there the whole time.

~~~
guys i'm so stressed bc i just got four books bc the authors released new covers but i prefer the old ones
but like idk which ones i'm gonna get but it better be the old ones istg