Chapter 31 - Punishment

Author's note: I'm backkkk!! Did I ever tell you I resonate with Shreya the most (among all my books' characters)? I think I did... just now.

~~~

21st November

"What's the update from the hills?" Abhiraj asked Sunny while gesturing Shreya to take a vacant seat. Shreya gulped down her anxiety and pulled one of the empty chairs and sat down beside Kirti (Vijay's PA). Sunny was standing beside Abhiraj. It didn't take long for her to realize, both Abhiraj and Vijay were attending the same zoom call on their respective laptops. Ravi (Abhiraj's PA) was sitting behind Abhiraj and both him and Kirti taking notes on their pads. Kirti smiled at her with a slight nod and went back to writing something.

Shreya took a customary glance at the computer screen and saw five other people. Her inside quivered apprehending the near future outcome. Why did Abhiraj call her inside while he was on a meeting? Had she done anything wrong? It's been a week since she signed on the marriage papers, and nothing had been same from that time.

She was no longer sure if she still owned her life or it belonged to the people who were intentionally or unintentionally operating her life. The day she signed on the marriage papers against her parents' will, she knew she was going to suffer, and undoubtedly that concern of her came true.

At the end of their conversation, Gyan grew extremely rigid and silent that she feared he might have received some trauma. Things were unquestionably muddled with confusion, interpretation, and wrong decisions. Moreover, when he confessed, it was already too late. She didn't have the knowledge of going back in time and right the wrong. She was doomed and he knew that.

Gyan watched her sobbing relentlessly for a while before he arose quietly and said, "Shreya, do me a favor. Never come in front of me after today. I don't want to see your face. Just leave."

"Gyan..."

"Don't. Just leave me alone."

"Thapa is out of danger." Sunny's voice snapped her back to present. He continued with the update, "Chetan Sir has conducted two corporate meetings with Permabell's rival groups Tulip and Rajmahal. So far, no connection has been found. I also believe they are not behind this attack."

"Then who do you think Gurung is working with?" Vijay asked.

Shreya fidgeted in her seat. She felt uncomfortable while witnessing the business meeting. Abhiraj noticed that and assured her briefly. "We'll wrap up soon. Be easy. I'm not that careless to call you inside if we had been discussing something serious."

Her face flushed as he shifted his attention to her directly. She nodded curtly and waited for them to finish.

Sunny was staring at her while Abhiraj was talking. He blinked and averted his gaze when she turned her eyes towards him. He was still avoiding her. In fact, everyone in the house was avoiding her except Abhiraj, Priyasha and Dev.

After she moved in to the Isha mansion, Priyasha exclusively asked her to look after Dev again. Of course, Tiyasha objected. But she had no say over Priyasha.

"But Chinimma, I don't trust her with Dev anymore."

"I do," Priyasha said with emphasize. "I trust her." She looked at Shreya with assurance which caused her eyes to burn. It was quiet a natural reaction.

Emotionally, she was overwhelmed and they were the only support she received. Her parents stayed back for three days, then they left. Needless to say, Trishna was too disappointed in her. She didn't approve her decision. Dibyendu, of course, sided with his wife.