Chapter 23 - Blues Greens Reds

On flight, they sat separately. She and Dev five rows behind of Abhimanyu and Sunny. It was a quick flight, and when they landed and came out of airport, a Toyota Innova Crysta was waiting for them along with three people.

One of them came forward and greeted them with a wholesome smile.

Sunny quietly made her known their names. The one who came forward first, was a middle-aged man, while the other two were young natives. One was the driver. They came and retrieved their luggage.

"Roy Sir called me a few hours ago to inform about your arrival," Chetan said. "I have arranged everything. I hope you won't face any trouble during your stay here."

Abhimanyu said nothing in the beginning until they all settled in the Innova comfortably and the engine came alive. Abhimanyu and Chetan sat on the middle row while she, Dev and Sunny on the backseat. As soon as they left the airport area, Abhimanyu cleared his throat and said in his monotonous tone, "Chetan uncle, fix the meeting tomorrow morning. I'd have called for it tonight, but it's already late."

"Yes, I have talked to Thapa already and informed others. At what time do you want me to call them? And the place? Do you want to hold the meeting at the guesthouse?"

Abhimanyu took a moment to answer. "Yes. Call them around 7 in the morning. Would that be alright?"

She and Sunny made an eye contact. Amusement shone in his eyes. He knew his boss all too well.

Meanwhile, Chetan seemed slightly taken aback. "I mean, wouldn't that be too early for a corporate meeting?"

"Then what time do you suggest?"

"Around 10 o'clock?"

Abhimanyu said nothing. For a few minutes silence ensued inside the car until Abhimanyu himself broke it. "Chetan uncle?"

"Yes?"

"We have Dev and this pretty lady here, his nanny. Please arrange sightseeing for them."

Chetan looked behind over his shoulder and nodded with a smile. "Will be done Mr. Abhimanyu." He shifted his eyes on Abhimanyu and asked, "Wouldn't you like to go along with them?"

Abhimanyu stayed silent for a few seconds, then responded, "I haven't thought about it."

Shreya suddenly felt her ears turning hot. She had never met a person who was this much inscrutable. Sometimes his attitude picked her interest but at others, it irked her unreasonably.

Such a piece of work!

~~~

The guest house was in midst of the tea estate, surrounded by the endless tea gardens, and even further the mountains. Lush greenery and serene blues of mountains made the ambience so close to divine. In fact, nature is divine.

The house was nice, spacious and airy. In a distance, resided the small and cute village with colorful houses. The natural roads were criss-crossed all over the tea garden and connected the guest house to the village in the south and the tea factory in the west. Alongside the tea garden, many exotic flowers like orchids and rhododendron were bloomed wherever eyes roamed. At some places, in the middle of the tea bushes, tall pine trees were standing as wind breakers.

The caretaker of the guesthouse Mr. Dinu Sherpa while showing them their respective rooms, proudly said, many wild deers and other small animals like wild hares, cats, foxes, dogs and snakes were in abandonment in their estate. Since it was her first visit, he was more encouraged to tell her all the unique beauty of the Permabell tea estate and the close by village along with the precious nature.