Chapter 27 - Sinking

Author's note: Sorry for a month long waiting. I was caught up in a mess. Updates will be regular from now on.

~~~

If only heartbeats had different meaning, hers would have screamed of betrayal and vengeance. Her whole body was burning with more rage than shame. She kept closing and unclosing her fists since she learned the reason of all these brouhahas. She could still hear the noise from outside. The media people hadn't left yet. Also, the two bodyguards insisted on staying until everything cooled down.

Even if everything else cooled down, the fire burning inside her heart would keep burning until she took it out on Abhimanyu Roy.

It was all because of him. He was to blame.

Trishna and Dibyendu had been giving her accusing eyes since they all took seats and things stared unfolding before her. All of her confusion washed away when Dibyendu switched on the television.

Her legs trembled and gave out when she saw herself on the screen.

She saw herself clinging onto Abhimanyu, pulling him closer and asking him to kiss her. The clip was playing itself on loop. She recognized the background. It was Abhimanyu's room. She remembered how she woke up the next day in his room and it got her all confused. She even asked him what happened. But he said nothing. He didn't only underestimate her; he hid this controversy from her. Even though he knew this moment had the potential to wreck her entire world. Caught in 4k with the infamous businessperson in an intimate position – was the last thought she had in her mind.

People are accusing her, and rightfully so. Because the clip replaying itself over and over was depicting that it was her fault. Cause, it was her who was pulling him down towards her. She didn't even remember when did it happen. She remembered nothing of that night, and the person who could've told her, deceived her instead.

She didn't realize when tears started streaming down her face and then she found herself curling onto the floor, screaming, crying and blaming the other person with her on the screen.

~~~

The following few days went by in a flash. She didn't know when night fell or when sun rose. She didn't have the frame of mind to be calculative about the everyday functions. All she did was curled up in a ball and sitting all day long in a corner of her room. The humiliation and infamy broken her inside in thousand pieces. She couldn't hold her pain inside. Her eyes were continuously tearing up and she didn't know how to stop. The media people were still crowding outside of her house and she didn't want to show up in front of them. The controversy was so loud that all of her relatives got to know about it. Several calls came wanting to talk to her. Quite obviously she denied, but the impact was severe. She knew she was on the culprit pedestal.

Meanwhile, Trishna and Dibyendu also turned against her. They were not ready to listen to her plea, and rightfully so. Because, they believed their own eyes rather than her words.

She gave up eating at one point, or even if she did it was little to nothing. Her appetite was long gone. She didn't know how to break out of this situation. Ashwin came twice to meet her. She didn't. She was expecting Naveen also. However, he never came.

Several days passed by which she spent either by sprawling on the floor, crying or sleeping for an unnatural number of hours. Her cousins, aunts and uncles came. But nothing seemed to move her. Some days she thought of giving up. She'd look at the ceiling fan and it looked appealing to tie a knot with the bedsheet. But she couldn't be a runaway. She didn't want to.

The days were so bleak that she almost forgot that she was actually alive. Sometimes, she'd hear voices coming from the drawing room or the news updates from the TV, but she didn't have the energy to open her door and come outside to confront the matter actively.