Chapter 26 - Falling

Another disturbing information she learned on the day before yesterday caught her off-guard.

While they were having mid-day lunch, Abhimanyu didn't join them. It was only the three of them eating. Since the dining hall had a very good view of the backyard, Shreya sat on the seat that faced the giant windows to get a clear view. But she nearly faced a heart-attack when two shadows ran from behind the outhouse towards the lined-up pine trees in a flash. It happened so swiftly that she barely got time to make others aware and see.

At the unexpected incident, she shrieked and jumped in her seat causing alarm in others. The main reason of her shock was the firearms they were carrying. Both of them had guns in their hands and they wore complete black suits with black sunglasses and shoes. Even the masks and gloves were black.

She pointed her index finger right at their direction and stuttered, "Th-they have gu-guns."

Sunny shifted his confused stare at the direction before a knowing look crossed his face. "Oh- you saw Neil and Rafi. They are with us. You weren't supposed to notice them. But-" He shrugged and rolled his eyes. "I'll have a talk with them."

"What do you mean they are with us? They had guns!"

"Yeah, I know. There are three more of them. They are AR's personal security team. Should've stayed undercover the whole time, but you saw them. I'll have to take care of this carelessness strictly." His voice was firm. Her brows rose higher at the revelation. Although he went back to eating, the tension created in the room was thick enough to cause fear in her heart. After that, she knew better to not ask anything further. Cause she didn't want him to take the same steps for her as he mentioned about the guards.

How important was Abhimanyu Roy that not a single chance was spared of his safety?

~~~

Sometimes, life fucks you up, and you can do nothing but cope with it accordingly.

It was difficult for her to breathe the same air as Abhimanyu Roy after what happened yesterday. Since he left after their clash in his room, she hadn't actually seen him around the guesthouse, which was in fact good for her. It saved her the embarrassment. Even, she didn't see Sunny too, and the guards. Last night she didn't have her dinner and she served Dev in their room. She couldn't eat after that mortifying encounter.

Today morning also, she hadn't seen Abhimanyu, or Sunny or Dinu. She skipped the sunrise too.

It was around 10 o'clock when Sange came rushing towards her out of nowhere.

"Have you heard what happened yesterday afternoon?" She was slightly panting.

Shreya averted her eyes from Dev and gazed up at the girl with a curious look. "What happened?"

"There was an accident in the factory."

Her jaws dropped in sudden shock. "What? What accident?" She asked the girl, breathlessly, sitting upright immediately.

Sange dropped beside her as a pained look crossed her face. "Actually, I'm coming from there. Never in my dream, I expected to see such horrific sight."

Shreya straightened up. Her brows knitted in frown as she asked again in a panicked voice, "What happened?"

"The factory... it's closing for an indefinite period of time." Sange's voice broke as she pronounced the next sentence, shrouded with pain and misery.

She couldn't understand what the hell was happening. Why was the factory closing off for an indefinite period? What was going on? Even if no words came out of her mouth, she could feel her heartbeat rising in apprehension.