Chapter 15 - Insomnia

When they returned from the puja mandap, Dev was up and ready with a new pair of clothes. When she asked him, he simply said, "Manyu uncle gave me a chocolate bar and asked if I'd like to go with him to visit the mountains."

Oh! Shreya was slightly taken aback. He actually considered her suggestion? Wow!

Ritu didn't know any of it, so she excitedly asked what was it all about? Shreya answered vaguely keeping the part away that it was her suggestion. Ritu expressed her enthusiasm and interest that she also wanted to tour.

"Last time I went on a tour was five years ago. To Shillong. With Maa, Papa and Gyan. We had a nice time. Meghalaya is a beautiful place. Have you ever been to there?" Ritu asked while combing through her hair.

She was getting ready for the runway her college had arranged. It'd take place today. She was looking stunning not to mention in her sky-blue fishtail dress. The glitters on her dress were complementing her expensive opal necklace.

Shreya had never seen such precious stone ornaments in her life

Shreya had never seen such precious stone ornaments in her life. Could owning materialistic expensive possessions be the definition of privilege? She didn't know whether to feel envious of these high-class people or just feel morose that she didn't have the same privilege as them? She found herself admiring her exotic attire more than necessary when her eyes didn't stray from Ritu for over a minute. She blinked and looked away at Ritu's words.

"No. I have never been to Shillong." Much like she'd never been to any other state apart from her home-state and here.

"Ah! You must at least visit there once. The waterfalls of Sohra valley are just amazing. And Laithlum Grand Canyon. If it was possible, I wouldn't have returned from there." She grinned looking at her through the mirror.

She was right now sitting in Ritu's room with Dev who was busy eating ice cream, while Dona was busy in the kitchen. She hadn't seen Gyan since they returned from puja mandap. Probably he was in his room, but given he didn't like unsolicited intrusion, no one dared disturbing him.

After a few more minutes, Ritu was done with her makeup and hairstyle. Spraying the setting spray all over she beamed at the mirror. "Dev, how am I looking? Good?"