Thirty-Six

~ ~ Riley Jo ~ ~

~ ~ Riley Jo ~ ~

Rolling over onto my side, I propped my head higher up the pillow, watching Adam walk from the bathroom with only a towel wrapped across his waist.

I traced his form with my greedy eyes, knowing underneath he was naked, delicious and... all mine!

He looked at me and there it was the twinkle in his eye and that smile. The one that woke up every single goosebump. I couldn't believe this man wanted me, and I'd found what I'd always been wanting.

Love.

And there wasn't a hint of worry in my heart. I also never thought I'd ever get to say he was mine and five days ago, the unthinkable happened.

He told me he loved me!

Me. Riley Jo Lockwood.

The girl who nobody would want had landed herself the sexiest man alive... in my humble opinion.

Walking toward the bed, he scrubbed his hair dry with a towel and I bit back a sigh.

Everything was perfect, well, more or less. The only dark spot on the horizon on this bright Saturday morning was the fact he was getting ready to head home for four days... ugh.

The bed dipped. "What's running around that gorgeous head of yours?" he asked.

"Oh, just this and that." Shrugging. "Wondering what I'm gonna be doin' whilst you're gone."

He threw the towel in his hand onto a nearby chair and lay down, turning to his side so we were face to face. Droplets or water dotted along his collarbone as it tempted me to lick them from him. His eyes caught mine and there was no missing the intensity between us...it crackled.

I inhaled deeply. Hmm, shower freshness mixed with his scent of what I could only describe as masculine... sexy.  It certainly spiked the appetite in my lady parts. "You smell good enough to eat!" My eyes dipped and oh lordy lord, his towel had split to show me what I would be missin' over the next few days.

"My eyes are up here, baby." he chuckled and leaned toward me, pressing a kiss to my nose. "You're going to the horse sanctuary today, yes?"

Focus Riley Jo. "Mmhmm."

Adam had gotten me a car since I'd agreed to move here.  Agreed  is probably not the best word. He'd said he wouldn't take no for an answer and, in all honesty, I hadn't wanted to go back to my apartment. And if I hadn't moved in, we wouldn't have christened every room in this beautiful house... twice.

My thighs clenched.

"That blush to your cheeks tells me you're not thinking about horses... dirty girl,"  he growled.

I blew out a shuddering breath. "I don't know what you mean, doctor..."  And faster than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking competition his lips sealed over mine and his hand settled on my ass, pulling us closer.