Thirty-Four

~ ~ Riley Jo ~ ~

~ ~ Riley Jo ~ ~

Don't blame me, love made me crazy. If it doesn't, you ain't doin' it right...

Taylor Swift reached out to me through the clock radio, dragging me from my slumber.

Nooooo. Surely, it wasn't time to get up already? Eyes still closed, I pouted and cussed myself for staying up so late.

Blame it on Adam.

He'd finished his shift at Mercy and texted me goodnight and I'd not been able to stop myself from calling him just to hear his sexy voice whisper goodnight to me.  It didn't work out that way and a two minute conversation turned into a hour and a half chinwag, going on for midnight when we said our goodnights. 

Still, I didn't regret it and I would give up sleep for a week if it meant I could spend more time with Adam.

I pried my eyes open.   Urgh!

Rolling onto my back, I stretched out my hand in search of my pillow. Found it. I dragged it across my face to hide from the truth—It was time to get up.

Two more minutes.

So, I lay there listening to the lyrics and let my mind mosey on over to its favourite place... Adam.

It had been going on for almost a month now that he'd been making the trip over, flying back and on his rest days to spend time here with with me. Taking me out to lunch when I was working or in the evenings to dinner. He hadn't been exaggerating when he'd said he was gonna romance the heck out of me.

And he'd done exactly that and that wasn't including all the flowers and sweet gifts he'd surprised me with. My favourite being a small gold pendant in the shape of a horseshoe pendant in-bedded with three small diamonds. It was the prettiest thing anyone had ever gotten me.

I reached up and touched it as it lay the dip of my throat.

He'd also not lied when he'd said there would be nothing sexual going on between us—only kissing.  And to say I was horny was an understatement and my hand was nothing but a poor substitute and darn well near worn out.

That had to change... and soon! Or I would go stir crazy and most likely jump his bones.

But I knew why he was hesitant. I'd still not given him an answer and true to his word, he hadn't asked me again. But as I lay here, I was sure what my answer was gonna be.

It was now just all about timing.

Or at least that what I kept tellin' myself.

Throwing off my pillow. It was Thursday, and I needed no reminders that Adam would be back in New York tonight. A rush of excitement kicked me into gear and I squealed out loud, giddy as an ant hopper.

Up out of bed, I practically skipped to my small bathroom.

And just about to jump in the shower, my phone rang out. Hoping it might be Adam, I dashed back to my bedroom. It wasn't. It was Connor.