Eighteen

~ ~ Riley Jo ~ ~

~ ~ Riley Jo ~ ~

Lay in Adam's bed on my side, the sun not fully risen, the light was thin and barely teased the seams of the slats on the blinds. I couldn't see any point in trying to go back to sleep. My head, stomach, and heart were just too freakin' excited.

Three times we'd had sex—three and a half if you threw in our shower together.

A stupid grin seized my lips... and there goes those stomach flutters again.

It had not been my intention to go home with Adam. Since Thursday, I'd had a stream of texts and phone messages from him. I wasn't ignoring him on purpose.  But the family drama with Maddy and my mama, not to mention what Dr Wiseman had said, my head was a jumbled mess, and I'd done nothing but sleep and talk with Nana, Conner and Max.

I was fixin' to call him when I'd received his message last night. It felt like a goodbye text asking for one last chance to see me.  And I realised he deserved an explanation and a fitting goodbye.

That all changed when I watched him kiss Dr Wiseman and I was ready to stick his friendly goodbye where the sun don't shine.  But it flew out the coop when our eyes met and my throat locked and mind emptied.  His smile disarmed me completely, and I'd darn well nearly forgot about him kissing another woman.

I mean, how could I be expected to think straight when he was looking at me like I was a rack of my nana's delicious barbeque ribs and he wanted to suck the meat from my bones?

Phew.  And all that was before he'd even kissed me.  Which I might add dissolved any rational mindset and before I knew which way was up or down and I was riding home with him.

Crazy, right?

Yep, crazy as a soup sandwich.

The bathroom door opened and gently clicked shut.  Cover lifted, the bed dipped, and a warm body saddled up to mine, wrapping his arm around me and lightly pressing a kiss to my bare shoulder.

I could stay like this forever... if only.

But that aside, it would be lovely to sleep the day away here in his arms. Safe. Warm. Happy. Away from the outside world... and reality.

"You awake, Riley?" whispered Adam.

"Ah-hu."

He bit my shoulder, his growing erection nudging me. I cheekily pressed my ass against him to hear him groan.  "Again, doctor?"

"Ah-hu," he mimicked me.

I giggled, shifting to lie flat so I could see him.  An honest to god happy smile greeted me and my pulse flared. I'd never seen him look so relaxed. It changed his entire face, warming his dark eyes.  And to think I'd help put it there gave me the best feeling ever.