Eleven

~ ~ Riley Jo ~~

~ ~ Riley Jo ~~

Sneaking back into the main house, slipping through the kitchen, I breathed a sigh of relief to find it all quiet. Creeping toward the door, I jumped back. "Sweet Jesus, Stella, you scared the hell outta me." Stella appeared from nowhere with a wooden spoon in hand.

"What you doin', child, creeping on through my kitchen?"

"Why nothin' Stella." I smiled innocently.

Stella wasn't falling for my line. "Don't you be lying to me, child. You've been up to no good." Throwing me a coy smile.

I clasped my hands behind my back, lifting my chin. "Me? Little ole me, up to no good." A smile broke across my lips. "Never in a month of Sundays."

She shook her head, chuckling. "Go on now, you better get your ass upstairs and ready, child. Your mamas in a strange mood tonight." She winked as she waved me away with her spoon.

"Ain't she always?" I shrugged as Stella tsked, cocking her thick eyebrow." I knew she wouldn't go telling tales on me.

Once inside my bedroom, leaning against my door, I composed myself.  Not having time to shower, I quickly freshened up and brushed up my makeup. Digging in my drawers, I fished out a clean pair of panties. The ones I had on were in no fit state. Slipping on fresh, I fixed my hair, spying two pieces of hay.  Smiling, I plucked them out. "Lucky I found you before my mama did."

How would I explain having hay in my hair? I grinned like a cat who ate all the cream.

Ate the cream... Ha! I'd done exactly that.

A flush of heat flooded my body as I sucked in a breath. That was the hottest thing I'd ever done.  Well, the second.  A one night stand with the hot doctor had been the first, but alas only flashes of what I was sure had been a great night peeked through my hazy memory.

Glancing around for my phone, it tempted me to call Conner and tell him how awesome I was. No, that was a face-to-face conversation.

Planting myself in front of my full-length mirror, I lifted my dress above the knees. The redness had all but gone. Letting it drop and I shifted from one side to the other, assessing my appearance, smoothing down my dress. Perfect!

I groaned to myself; it was time I showed my face.

Heading downstairs with a bounce in my step, I made my way through into the den, passing open windows breathing in the warm night air. The house was stuffy tonight and the air heavy. But growing up here, I was used to it.

"I was about to send a search party out for you." My father said, passing a glass to Mr Stanton, Maddy's soon to be father-in-law.

"Hey Daddy." Mr Stanton tipped his head as his eyes slid over me, lingering longer than appropriate on my breasts.