The Namikaze Legend, Chapter 36

"GET ME FIVE STRETCHERS THIS INSTANT!"

"WE NEED TO OPERATE IMMEDIATELY!"

"SOMEBODY GET THE HOKAGE!"

"Oh my kami, five patients. All of them are in critical condition..."

"Who brought them back?"

"Some Sunagakure Genin and Hatake Kakashi..."

"I heard the Hokage's son was one of them."

"Yeah, and the other ones were part of major clans, some even clan heirs..."

"But one was a jounin! How did this happen?"

"We can probably ask after they're healed."

"They don't look like they can heal. Those looked fatal. Did you see the blond kid with a hole in his chest?"

"All because of the Uchiha Heir...It must be hard on Mikoto and Fugaku..."

"Both sons..."

"Shhh, the Hokage is here. I heard he was friends with them..."

Minato flashed to the hospital the moment he heard the five were back. His eyes darted around, noting the main lobby was too quiet for comfort.

"Hokage-sama!"

Minato turned around to see a nurse bursting through the doors.

"This way! Hurry!"

Minato followed her as they ran down the halls towards the intensive care unit.

"Sir, all five are in critical condition-"

"My son. Is Namikaze Naruto all right?"

"He...he's the worst. He had a huge cavity in his chest."

Minato swallowed. How did this happen?

A few hours back:

Naruto jumped through the trees as he chased after the scent of Sasuke. He was close and judging by the surroundings, he was still in Hi no Kuni, just around the borders near the Valley of the End. Naruto inwardly scoffed. What a fitting battle ground. Of course he couldn't just let Sasuke leave without a fight. It takes a lot more to hide your chakra signature from the Kyuubi and Naruto could pinpoint the little chuunin trailing him.

Naruto came to a halt when the waterfall came in to view. A quick glance and he focused in on the little black blur at the top of Uchiha Madara's head.

"Teme!"

The blur stopped and turned around.

"Dobe..."

Naruto took swallowed as he slowly advanced. If all worked out in his plans, he could give Sasuke one last gift before the Uchiha left.

"You really plan on leaving, Sasuke?"

"Naruto? What are you-" what are you talking about?

Sasuke almost flinched at the heartbroken sound of Naruto's voice, like the jounin was actually questioning why he was deflecting. It put him on edge. But the malicious smirk that grew on his sensei's face caused him to narrow his eyes.

"Sasuke...you know that little Kabuto isn't going to give you the power you want..."

"It's not power I'm after, it's revenge." If he's gonna play that way, Sasuke has to return the acting...right?

"Revenge? Please. You couldn't hurt a housefly with the power you're at...at least, not enough for him..."

Sasuke growled. Naruto was taking it too far