The Namikaze Legend, Chapter 28

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Today! I present to you the Annual Chuunin Exams!" The Announcer cheered through the microphone.

The crowd roared, filling the stadium with cheers for the upcoming participants. The stands were high above the circular open aired arena. At the highest tower, there were two levels of spectator stands. The highest one was filled with the Kages, and below was for the Daimyos. Naruto looked up at the cheering crowd as he stood next to his three participating genin.

"I'm glad I went to pick you up, Sasuke. No thanks to Kakashi, if you were late, they would have disqualified you."

"Che- I wasn't finished." Sasuke muttered. Naruto chuckled.

"You'll have mental time to think it over. Konohamaru. You know the drill. Give a good fight, but leave the rest to me."

"Ryokai, Boss!" Konohamaru mock saluted. Naruto turned to Yoki and smirked.

"I take it that you know what to do, Aoba Yoki?"

"Yes." Yoki promptly nodded and turned away to the participant box to take a seat along with the others. Asuma walked up from behind. Naruto turned towards him.

"It's kind of weird seeing you order yourself around."

"Oh shut up..." Naruto mumbled.

"What happened to respect for seniors?" Asuma joked. He let out a sigh, letting smoke escape from his mouth right into Naruto's face.

A vein popped on Naruto's forehead as he briskly swatted the smoke away from his face.

"Refrain from smoking in my face, Sarutobi"

"Ah, gomen, gomen." Asuma rubbed the back of his head. "I'll be taking my leave now, Namikaze." Asuma turned heels and left to join the other jounin. Naruto looked straight at the Kage's box, his eyes narrowed. His eye made contact with the Kazekage, causing an unreal chill go down his spine. What was that? Naruto's eyes widened a bit before he flashed away.

Minato felt the chakra flicker and turned to his right to see his son flash in front of him.

"Namikaze Naruto..."

"A word, Hokage-sama."

"Uh, right away." Minato looked to the Kage's next to him and excused himself. Minato followed his son over to the halls outside the box.

"Wha-"

"It's him. He's here. Or rather. He's in there"

Minato's eyes flashed with realization.

"Which-"

"The w...way with which the wind blows. A bug has followed the breeze." Someone is listening in. Naruto's eyes darted to the sides. Minato's eyes followed suit. He understood his son's message and quickly nodded.

"I see." Minato looked back at the door to the stand.

"Do you think the-"

"The breeze most likely died out." He's dead.

Minato looked towards the floor thoughtfully. His head snapped up.

"Understood. Handle this under the leaves." Can't do it out in the open, take action when necessary.

"I'll send an ANBU for you." I'll be your guard.

"I'd rather not-"

"No choice. What's done is done." Naruto bowed before walking past a wall, hitting it several times. Suddenly a body materialized and slumped to the ground. Several ANBU jumped down to apprehend the spy.