The Namikaze Legend, Chapter 22

The two kunoichi jumped out of the balcony, landing gracefully next to Naruto. Temari looked at the blond skeptically. It was the same guy that stopped Kankuro before the test. Her eyes narrowed at the boy but she quickly looked back at Tenten. Naruto looked at both girls and then looked back to the front.

"Tenten, Temari. Ready? Go!"

Both kunoichi jump back several feet and got into stance. Temari took out her fan and spread it out behind her. Tenten took out a scroll and unsealed a large scythe. Temari rooted her fan into the floor and started weaving through hand seals.

Fuuton: Furyokuhatsuden burēdo...

Several sharp blades of wind headed towards Tenten. Tenten bit her thumb and smeared blood on the blade of the scythe. The scythe started glowing white with chakra. Tenten spun the blade around, cutting through the wind blades. One blade, however, managed to nick Tenten's pants. Tenten flinched and jumped back. She unraveled another scroll.

Buki kata: Tekketsu no ame

The scroll unsealed hundreds of weapons which fell from above, each lodging itself in the ground around the two kunoichi. Tenten got into a stance.

"Kata one."

Tenten dashed forward, pulling out a pair of sais from the ground. Temari pulled her fan out of the ground and deflected the strike. The clash of the two weapons created ephemeral sparks, lasting as long as the blows delivered from both sides. The speed was incredible in which Tenten would create new combinations, striking blow after blow. Temari was able to keep up with her incredibly large fan.

Temari's fan had a few scratches while Tenten's sais were blunted and bent. Tenten shot them out of the area, lodging them into the walls.

"Kata two."

Tenten flipped back and pulled out a bo staff. She flipped it around for good measure before jumping in. Temari spread her fan and whipped it across, creating a gust of wind. The wind blew Tenten off her course, making her skid away. Her bo started to splinter and Tenten hid behind one of the bigger axes that laid on the field. The wind died off and Tenten ran past the ax, reaching for a tanto.

"Kata three".

She quickly pivoted and turned, ready to swipe. When she felt the tanto connect, she watched as blade meet large metal fan. Her blade cracked under the pressure, then suddenly her tanto was cut in half.

Tenten went wide eyed and temari smirked, driving through the broken blade to hit the weapon's mistress. Tenten quickly ducked and jumped back. She launched some of the kunai and shuriken scattered around, but Temari sent another gust of wind, knocking them off path. Tenten gritted her teeth. She figured the remainder of her weapons would have the same results, thus she decided to go straight to the last kata.

Kesshou Kata- Saigo no Ame.

Tenten reached behind her back for the large body scroll. With a flick of her wrist, the scroll unraveled, revealing a large kanji for Poison. Temari frowned.

Kai!

Purple fluids sprayed out of the scroll, raining on the arena. Temari smirked and lifted her fan up over her head, like an umbrella. Temari was shielded from all the 'poison', watching as the 'rain' continued to fall. Temari could barely see where Tenten was due to the rain so she kept on the lookout. Her focus was cut short when she heard a sizzling sound. She looked around to see where the sizzling sound was coming from. The rain stopped but the sound kept going. When she took down her fan, her jaw loosened and almost dropped open. The rain had burnt away parts of her fan, leaving the metal frame rusting and corroding away and the paper cloth burnt through. She looked back at Tenten who was now in the middle with another scroll.