14

* • * • *
Singularity - BTS
* • * • *

Laying on your bed, you stare at the ceiling not be able to sleep. Your mind keep repeating the scenes earlier. After Jimin's confession, you said that you need time to digest everything and asked him to drive you home. You both didn't muttered a word on the way back to your house but Jimin was simply holding your hand while he was driving and you just let him be. It was feels like he tried to convince you or something.

You take a look at the clock on the desk beside your bed, it shows two in the morning. Slowly you bring your hand up to your lips and slightly caressing it. You swear that you still can feel his plump pink lips on yours. Just thinking about it makes your heart racing again.

Was it real what he said that you're the one he fell for all these years? How is that possible? You've dated his cousin.

Rolling over on the bed, you let out a stressful whine. Realizing that you won't be able to close your eyes anytime soon, you decide to get up from the bed and go downstairs. Maybe a hot milk can make your tense muscle relax a bit and help you to sleep.

Entering the kitchen, you turn on the lights and open the cupboard to get a mug then walk up to the fridge to grab the milk before pouring it into the mug. Putting the mug inside the microwave, you set it for two minutes in a low heat to make it warm. While waiting for your milk, you hear some foot steps coming towards the kitchen.

"Why are you still up dear?" Your dad asks, yawning.

"I couldn't sleep and I want a hot milk." You give him a small smile.

"Why? Is something bothering you?" He glances at you, getting a glass of water for himself.

You sigh while rubbing your head, "Dad, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm shoot." He gives you his full attention.

You look up at him, thinking about the word you would say. "So umm, what would you do if you can't trust people anymore because someone has hurt you in the past and you're scared to get hurt again, meanwhile there's another someone who wants you to give them a chance so they can prove you that they're different and that they will never hurt you. Will you give them a chance?"

"Hmm that's quite a catch." Your dad comments as he rubs his chin in thoughts, "Even if I scared to get hurt again, I think I'm gonna give them a chance."

"Why? What if they ended up hurting you really bad than before? Are you not scared of that?"

He nods, "That's true, but what if they didn't? Listen sweety, trusting them is your choice but hurting you is their decision. It's not our responsibility to control what they do to us. All we can do is give them a chance, either they mess it up or not it's a reflection of themselves. It's like gambling you know, you get fifty-fifty chance. You have to take the risk if you want to win. So yeah, I'll give them a chance."

You just sigh and simply nod of what your dad has said. You feel like you get more confuse on your feeling by now. The microwave dings, getting you out from your deep thoughts and you take out the milk before sipping on it.

"Who's the boy?" Your dad blurts out and makes you choke on your milk.

"Daaddd! don't startle me like that." You whine between the cough, wipping off the spilled milk on your chin.