Sixty-two

bring her over

Robert, Stella and Casper stood aside as Richard was swarmed by the media and press journalists. He was flanked by the prosecution lawyers as well as their security. Stella sighed as she watched him smile and nod to the reporters before holding Gina's hand and pulling her through the small sea of people and cameras. 

It turned out the fuss Ms William's made and the interview Stella gave was good for business once the court case was concluded. 

"Grandmamma would like to celebrate our victory." Stella chuckled and looked at the two men by her side. "She's awfully excited." 

"I'll say. It's a weekday," Robert drawled. 

"Would you like to come for dinner at Grandmamma's?" Stella peered up at Casper. "Ruben is welcome also."

"I'm sure we can be there." Cas smiled at the two of them. 

"Oh good." Robert sighed. "She has been on at me about all of us visiting soon." 

Stella pursed her lips. "We've all been so busy. I fear we've neglected her a bit." 

He shook his head. "Father visited Grandmother quite often when he was free." 

"Oh good." 

"I suppose we should be following, then," Robert murmured as he watched Richard assist Gina into their car. 

Robert, Stella and Casper climbed into Cas's Mercedes-Benz. Casper drove off while Robert was occupied by his phone. They followed Richard's Maybach through the city and to the suburbs. 

Stella opened her phone after it vibrated and laughed. "Father is giving everyone the rest of the day off." 

Robert groaned. "That just means we have work to make up for."

"Just let him be carefree for a little bit. I was sure he was going to start losing hair from either stress or pulling it out himself." Stella sighed and sent off a series of messages to Kieran. 

Forty minutes later the car pulled up to the gates of the Callahan's main estate. Guards were now visible, unlike before. The thought had Stella's brows tensing with the reminder of their precarious situation. 

A guard stepped forward to confirm their identities before letting them go. 

"Oh, would you look at that?" Robert chuckled at his phone. "Our stocks are already on the way up." He reached forward and passed it to Stella. Cas peeked over as he drove the lengthy driveway. "It hasn't even been forty minutes before they started reporting it."

"This is great," he murmured with a smile. 

The car pulled up behind Richard's. The man stepped out of his car and came straight to Stella's side and engulfed her in a large hug. Stella laughed against his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him. He pressed a kiss to her temple before releasing her and wrapping his arms around an unprepared Robert. 

Casper came to her side and held her by the waist. He chuckled at Robert getting his feet back from being knocked off by Richard's sudden embrace. 

"He's certainly happy." Gina shook her head at Richard. 

"Well, of course." Stella smiled. "Our stocks are on the way up. Ms Williams is being put behind bars. She was ordered to pay damages, also. I have no idea how she'll do that, though."

"I thought the stocks were fine." 

"They dipped. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't ideal. Some of our shareholders sold them before they could fall further."