CHAPTER SEVEN

Good morning!✨
I'm here to apologize, on behalf on Evan baby for the last chapter, cause he knows not what he did. Please, forgive my boy🥺✨

SEVEN

MAINA

"Be like say these ones just come camp find clout"

"That Willow abi what's her name sef, are you sure this thing is not fake?"

"But seriously o, that boy shouldn't have spoken like that"

"Even if abeg, why would that bleached one dare raise her hand at him?"

"I wonder why Ziora Barlowe is even hanging out with people like that"

"Abeg eh, all of them are clout chasers"

"Birds of a feather flock together na"

"And it's just day two o, we're done for"

   I didn't know when a very loud hiss escaped my lips, and everyone looked at me. I knew these people couldn't be silenced, and I couldn't care less what they had to say about us. All I wanted was for Willow to be fine.

Turning, I met the eyes of my brooding sister, and noticing the tears about to spill from her eyes was enough to get me livid. Especially because it was Evan who put her in this state.

It was safe to say that Ziora was right when she said Evan was "conceited". Or just extremely stupid. His actions clearly fell under one of the two, or maybe both sef.

"Come here" I spoke in a low tone, and Maia got up, taking the seat right next to me. I kissed her hair, and she pushed closer against my torso.

"You good?" I asked her.

"Mmhm" she just nodded. She definitely wasn't okay. And as much as I was mad that Evan was making my baby this sad, I felt sad for her because it was obvious she was beginning to like the boy. Just a little.

"He's not worth it" I whispered to her and she looked up at me with a "you knew?" gaze. "Trust me"

"But what if he is?" She shocked me by asking. "What if he has a reason for his attitude today?"

I didn't want to tell my sister that no reason can justify what that boy displayed today, so I just stared at her, waiting for her to continue, knowing exactly what she wanted.

"Do you want to go find him?" I asked when she said nothing else.

"Can I?"

"Follow your gut" I smiled softly at her. All I wanted was for her to be happy, and if going after Evan was going to please her, she could. I didn't mind at all. "If he does anything to you-"

"You'll end him, I know" she grinned at me, reaching up to place a kiss on my cheek. "You, go and find Iris"

This child.

I chuckled at her cuteness as she got up and began to skip out of the hall. She'd been doing that for as long as I knew her; skipping instead of walking whenever she was excited.