𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬; 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬.

BAD MOON RISING.

March 18, 2017.

Alexis found herself in the Louisiana bayou, feeling extremely anxious, nervous and even nostalgic of being in this place right now. Her boots were glued to the full of leaves and twigs ground, flowers in her hands as she stared at the circle of trees with her family's name carved onto the wood.

She stared at the name written in the middle of both trees, Jackson Kenner, her eyes welling up with tears as she was reminded of how much she missed her brother. How much she missed his smile and his dumb dad jokes. She missed him so much even worse this time of the year where it was supposed to be a new year, a new life.

Why was she in New Orleans? That was a good question when in reality, exactly three years ago, she had decided to leave it behind for good. Granted, she didn't exactly left it behind but why was she here again?

She didn't know.

Alexis stepped forward and then leaned down to place the flowers down, she stood up again and lifted her fingers to her lips to then press them against the rough wood. A kiss goodbye for the moment. "I miss you, Jackie" she whispered, hopefully he was around to hear her.

She gulped down her tears and stepped back, she sniffed and walked away towards the abandoned shack that belonged to her, the only Kenner left alive. She stepped into the home to find it just like she left it, some plates, some books, some furniture, some photographs.

Her eyes scanned the place slowly, feeling the nostalgia, trying to get that smell of home she always loved. There wasn't any. She felt lonely suddenly, in the dark of the home and the poor light that entered through the windows.

And it wasn't like she had no family, she had two beautiful nieces and one beautiful nephew, she had her three best friends in the world and the best boyfriend to add it, she still had her grandmother and Violet and, although a sick one, she had Tucker.

She wasn't alone, yet, she felt so lonely.

Why was she in NOLA? she had to bring Mary home, she didn't want to be away from her bayou anymore though she promised to go every time she could, Alexis promised to get her and take her there every time she wanted.

And even though this was home, it didn't felt like home anymore.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"What else can you tell me about Renee that I didn't know?" Alexis questioned as she sat across from Marcel Gerard, they were in his 'office' in St. James Infirmary, a place he kept and liked to spend his days in.