𝟒.𝟐𝟎- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬

BAD MOON RISING.

Calling Alexis was a waste of time, this round, her phone was disconnected and so, they didn't know if it was because she ignored them or she had been hunted

Calling Alexis was a waste of time, this round, her phone was disconnected and so, they didn't know if it was because she ignored them or she had been hunted. And as soon as they discarded the latter, they set off to find more about the situation and Lucien.

They took a break now, after collecting every address from each one of the buildings of Kingmaker Land Development, in a dinner at the Appalachian mountains. Klaus was in a quiet conversation with his brother over the phone while Hayley handed Hope to Mary Dumas so she would be far away from the danger.

"If you find him, don't hesitate" the hybrid said before hanging up upon Hayley's approach.

"Hope's down for the count" She announced "She fell asleep as soon as Mary started the car. I doubt she'll miss either of us over the next few days" she said before looking down to the piece of paper with the addresses written in it "So... which of these Kingmaker offices should we hit up first? There's ten of them?" she stated spreading the paper onto the flat surface, Klaus stared at her worriedly and after a moment, she noticed "What?"

Klaus casted an anxious look at her "Lucien has revealed his true nature. He's taken Freya" he informed prompting her to widen her eyes in shock "And now, it seems her rescue depends on Elijah working with my ever-reliable brother Finn"

"Oh... And you want to go back to New Orleans to head up the hunt?" Hayley questioned, the disappointment clear in her voice, she nodded "Fine. You should go. I'm sticking with Kingmaker, though. Lucien's working very hard to cover up these wolf kidnappings, and I want to know why" she stated, reaching for the list and the keys before turning to leave.

Klaus sighed, noticing that she didn't want to do this alone, he grabbed her wrist and stopped her "No. The wolves, Freya's abduction... it can't all be coincidence. We'll let my brothers pursue the obvious path" he said, smiling weakly at her as he released his hold and grabbed the keys "You and I... will pursue this one. No doubt all roads..." he tapped his finger on the third address "...lead to to the same treacherous bastard"

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

The two had been driving and exploring the buildings, it resulted in nothing, there was nothing rare inside of them. They drove all the way up to Tennessee before they came to a stop at the office in Lexville.

The parents got down from the car, Hayley huffing as she looked up to the expensive building "Does he just build these from a kit or something? It's the exact same for the last five offices. Same windows, same plants..." she stated incredolously.

"And inside, same generic abstract art, same compellable receptionist..." Klaus added when he stood by her side.

Hayley sighed, glancing up to him "Look, are you sure you wouldn't be better off with your brothers? I can do the leg-work" she offered, knowing he wanted to go and help retrieve his sister from the hands of Lucien.