𝟒.𝟏𝟔- 𝐀 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞

BAD MOON RISING

Alexis' loud laugh echoed in the silence of the woods at the stupidity Scott had just said, it was a really bad joke

Alexis' loud laugh echoed in the silence of the woods at the stupidity Scott had just said, it was a really bad joke. She carried a basket with fruit in her hands while Scott carried one duffle bag with some of his clothes, the two walking towards the main camp and dodging a few branches. It had been a couple of peaceful days in the bayou, no one bothered her with wars or bad news.

She raised her free hand and moved a tree branch from the way of hitting her face, she was about to answer but got quiet when the familiar figure of Hayley Marshall-Kenner stood just a few feet away from them, a expression filled with grief.

Alexis let out a sigh, just the mere presence of the woman she called sister was enough to sadden her, the memories of her brother hitting her right in the face. She was doing good, surrounded by her loved ones, her pack, the side that brought out the real her, that's why she was still in the bayou and not in the city.

She gave her a tight smile greeting her, Scott nodded towards Hayley before squeezing Alexis' arm"I'm gonna go ahead" he informed, taking the basket from her hands.

"Alright, I'll see you there" The raven haired told him, nodding thankfully. She then started to walk towards her "So... what's going on?" she asked.

Hayley crossed her arms over her chest, hugging herself "Someone stole Jack's heart, I'm sorry" she said, lowering her gaze "I wanted to tell you-"

Alexis shook her head "No, I'm sorry. It was Marcel," she interrupted before she could continue "I allowed him to, I should have asked you first" she lamented, prompting Hayley's head to snap up at this piece of information, she looked at her with an incredolous look "It was your heart or his, and I couldn't lose you too"

Hayley dropped her arms at her side, a frustrated expression as she grew angry at her friend "That was the last thing I had from him, how could you not talk it with me?" she asked in a hiss. She couldn't believe that she had no choice on her husband's heart.

"That's not entirely true, let me show you something"

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Alexis walked ahead of her best friend, their feet pressing against the dirt as they walked to the area near the former's cabin, four trees stood by in a round, flowers at each end of them, it was like settled up. Alexis picked some flowers from the ground and smelled them, she stepped towards one specific tree.

Hayley glanced around her surroundings, a peacefulness settled in her at the tranquil air. She watched as her best friend placed two flowers under one of the trees, before lifting a hand and placing it atop the names that read: