𝟒.𝟐𝟒- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐬.

BAD MOON RISING.

Klaus stood in the ball room of the compound with his daughter on his arms

Klaus stood in the ball room of the compound with his daughter on his arms. He looked down to her as she chewed on her little fingers "What better life might have awaited you, were another man your father?" he wondered.

He was still grieving the loss of his first son. Killed by his very own brother, something he would've never expected. A question that had a double meaning as well as his next words.

"All those who have loved me, have lived to regret it. But I do know this, my littlest wolf, I will do right by you" he promised, leaving a kiss on her temple. A scowl plastered over his face suddenly "What do you want, Elijah?" he questioned, sensing his brother's presence.

Elijah sighed looking down, he was grieving as well, Marcel was family for all of them. "I'm not foolish enough to ask your forgiveness, so I'll say it again..." he trailed off shifting on his feet "I had no choice. We protect this family at any cost" he reminded.

Klaus turned around to glare at him "You think I'm not aware how heavy that burden is?" he inquired, the baby in his arms looking up in curiousity.

"No, I think that this time...that burden is simply too much to bear" Elijah retorted almost instantly. A heavy sigh leaving his lips as he didn't answer, lost of words.
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Later during the night before, just after Marcel was killed, Kol returned home to inform them about how the ancestral world no longer had a hold over the French quarter. He, Vincent and Josh crossed over to the witches world and contacted Davina for help. The little soul that remained of her was enough to give her the power she needed to destroy the ancestors. The thing was that in doing so, she destroyed herself.

The bad news continued up till this morning when Freya announced that all of Klaus's enemies were coming down to New Orleans. Every single drop of blood in that map moving faster towards their location.

That meant the war was starting and so, they had to prepare the weapons and readied themselves for the fight of their lives. The three brothers gathered in the ball room around Kol who was gathering said weapons.

Kol lifted the Papa Tunde's blade, eyeing it "Freya's tracking your sirelines now. So it won't be long which works for me. I could use a good fight" he voiced, the anger he'd been holding for days would finally be released.

Elijah looked down to the table "Well, we do have an advantage. No vampire may enter this stronghold as long as the deed remains in Freya's name" he reminded them.

Kol scoffed lowly "So what? We hide in here while the enemies mass at the front gate?" he questioned gesturing towards the door. Who knew? By now they could already be around the quarter.