XXVII.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Anakin approached Mya as she was counting the supplies on the main ship. 

"Fine," Mya smiled over her shoulder at him. "I think I should be asking you that though, with the mission we've been tasked with."

Anakin had always struggled with his emotions most of all. It was his greatest weakness, next to Mya that was. "It's my duty. I don't like it, but it has to be done."

"You do get to be upset by it though," Mya told him. "Jabba is... well it's no surprise his son got kidnapped with how many people hate him."

"Yeah, I just want this mission to be over so that we can..." Anakin leaned in close to her. "Have a fun few days off."

"We were supposed to have a few days off now," Mya reminded him. "Now, I'm counting supplies for Rex and you have a kid."

"Don't remind me," Anakin pouted. "But after this one, I swear I am taking you somewhere far away from all this for at least a day and enjoying every aspect of my wife in the way she's supposed to be treasured."

"You keep talking like that and we're not going to make it," Mya giggled, really wanting to kiss him right now but not being able to with everyone around them. "Hey I got to-"

Mya was interrupted when the incoming ship alarm went off. "The scouts must be back."

"We should go talk to them then," Mya placed her clipboard down on the crate.

"Were you going to say something?" Anakin asked as she was interrupted.

"Um, no," Mya gave a tight lipped smile. "Just that I am excited for a break."

"Me too," Anakin chuckled.

Mya didn't know how to approach Anakin on the topic of her leaving for a while. She loved helping out here, and learning for Rex. But there was just something inside of her that was telling her that her part in the war wasn't meant to be doing what she was currently doing. 

"Lieutenant, did the kidnappers see you?" Anakin asked. 

"No, sir. We're the best scouts in the regiment," The Lieutenant told him. 

"What about the bounty hunters?" Mya had to wonder. "Are they still down there?"

"I don't think so," He shook his head. "We haven't seen them in a while."

"Well, what are we up against?" Anakin asked. 

The Lieutenant pulled out his hologram device to show the place they had captured. "Looks like at least two droid battalions protecting a monastery. It's heavily fortified, sir, you won't be able to land there."

"Good work, get some rest," Anakin told the two clones. 

They then noticed a large gathering of their troop over by a ship, so the two went to go see what was going on.