XIII.

Mya was sitting in the guestroom Padmé had shown her to. It was nice and fancy, with not too many items to decorate the place. Thats what Mya had observed most about this world, their lack of useless items placed around in different places of their houses or apartments. She had been standing on the balcony of the room. Just watching the city lights. She didn't even hear him approach her.

"Beautiful night we are having," Anakin didn't know what to say. He had truthful been watching her for a while. And that small talk was the only thing he could think of.

Mya, a bit startled by his sudden appearance, looked over at him. "Yeah, it is. But I don't know if I necessarily like the city so much."

"Yeah, me either. It always seems... too crowded," Anakin scooted a bit closer to her, placing his hand down near hers. "Every time I picture you in my head, you look the same as you do now."

"Then I must admit this is strange for me, as I now have to look up to meet your eyes," Mya smiled causing one to grow on his face as well. "Oh, and let's not forget this dashing new haircut you have."

"You don't like it?" Anakin subconsciously reached up, touching a bit of his hair.

"I do," Mya pulled his hand away. "I'm only teasing you, Ani. It looks very nice, respectable some might say."

"This braid symbolizes my training," Anakin told her. "I get it cut off when I'm done."

"Well take it from me, life is much easier when you're a student," Mya gave him a small smile. "Growing up is never easy, I had to do a lot of that this past year."

"What do you mean?" Anakin noticed how even though she was smiling, there was still sadness swimming in her eyes.

"My mother, she passed away," Mya looked back at the city lights. "I had to help my father get things in order. It was really hard on both of us. It still is, I don't think the grief will ever leave me."

"Mya, I'm so sorry," Anakin placed his hand on hers, causing her to look down at them together.

"You know what's strange about all this," She wanted to change the subject, not wanting to dwell on her mother for longer than need be. "Padmé says it's been ten years for you guys, but for Lea and me, it's only been two."

"How is that?" Anakin inquired, not wanting to make her talk about something she wasn't ready to yet.

"I have no clue," Mya lied as she looked into his eyes once again. "But I'm glad I get to see you again."

"As am I," Anakin smiled, squeezing her small hand in his large one.

"Now, are you going to tell me about your plan," Mya smirked a bit as she watched him get a bit flustered.

"W-what plan?" Anakin gulped.

"The one you and Padmé set up, to catch the killer," Mya reminded him.