XXXVI.

Anakin was in love with Mya.

That was a statement he would both live and die by. He loved Mya endlessly. He loved her passion for life, the fearlessness she carried with each step she took, her kind hearted nature, and her will to find the good in everyday life.

Mya was his angel, sent down from above to save him. He still remembered their first kiss. No, not the one on Naboo. Although that was a special memory, there was one that held much more significance for him. The one after he won the Pod race, the day he was freed. Mya had kissed him, just on the cheek. But it was that simple touch of hers that had carried deep inside his soul for those long ten years they were apart.

However now when he pictured Mya in his head, all that flooded it was that terrible nightmare paying on a loop. He could see her, so clearly, in pain and agony. Crying out his name as she died in childbirth.

How could he ever let that happen to such a beautiful person who changed his life?

How was he to sit back and trust that other people could save her?

He could save her- he would.

Mya was his wife, and it was his job as her husband to make sure she lived to get to see their child be born.

Even if that meant he would be betraying the Jedi. Because the Jedi could not offer to him what Palpatine could. Palpatine was offering him the secret to keeping her alive; to stop her death entirely.

And that's what he needed more than anything else. Mya alive.

Because if she died, he would just be a walking corpse.

Anakin stood up from his seat in the Jedi temple, going over to the window to look across all of Courasant. And in the distance, he could see the building in which Mya lived in. His heart fluttered a bit because he could feel her presence.

Maybe that's because Mya was looking out the window of her apartment, looking at the Jedi temple herself.

There was an anxious feeling in the pit of her stomach that prevented her from getting any work done today.

As the sun moved down lower and darkness came over their great city, Mya's nerves only got worse.

C3P0 made his way over to her. "Should I call for a doctor?"

Mya knew why C3P0 was worried about her. There was a build up of sweat on her forehead and she looked terribly miserable. Then there was the fact that below where she stood, was a patch of water, indicating the start of her labor. "N-no. It's not time yet, 3P0."

Mya went over to the couch, gripping onto the back of it as she felt a sharp pain rip through her. But it wasn't from the labor; that pain she could handle. It was that pain of what felt like millions of people in the galaxy getting hurt.