XXIX.

Two Years Later

Three small ships raced through space to their latest mission, one that was very close to home. Because above Coruscant, the newest attack from the Separatists was sticking in hard. The three ships dove over the large mother ship to see the dozens of large ones flight a little ways below them.

They dove through the battle, trying to take out as many ships as they could. But really, that wasn't their main mission objective here.

Lea steaded out her ship when she saw the largest one approaching them. "I've got eyes on General Grievous's ship."

"You mean the one crawling with vulture droids?" Anakin asked over the com. "I don't think we would have figured that one out ourselves."

Lea rolled her eyes. "Shut up. You're just mad I beat you here."

Anakin scoffed. "By a second, and I let you have that second."

"It's like working with children every day," Obi-Wan sighed. "Oddball, do you copy?"

"Copy red leader," Oddball came in.

"Mark my position. Form your squad up behind me," Obi-Wan instructed him.

"We're on your trail, General Kenobi," Oddball said.

Lea extended the wings of her ship out, grinning with just a bit of excitement for the battle head. After three years of doing this, she had started to inherit a large thrill from it all. The rush of the action and the reward of completing a mission always felt so good to her. "Let the fun begin boys."

"Let them pass between us," Obi-Wan didn't want Lea to get ahead of herself again, the clone ships needed to go in first to help take out the smaller droids so they could get inside the ship.

Lea ducked and dodged at the large mass of incoming ships starting to attack them. That was another thing she had started to learn very well, how to fly by herself. Which, always made her laugh because she was never good at driving cars on Earth.

But not everyone was so lucky, especially when Lea saw Oddball's ship get blown up by a harsh attack.

"They're all over me," Another clone came in. "Get them off my-" but he was interrupted by a large static noise.

"I'm gonna go help them out," Anakin said determinedly.

"No," Obi-Wan ordered him. "No, they are doing their job so we can do ours."