XVII.

"Tell your council that the first battalions are ready," Taun We walked Lea and Obi-Wan back to the main door. "And remind them, if they need more troops, it will take more time to grow them."

"I won't forget, and thank you," Obi-Wan bowed his head respectively at her before he pulled his hood over his head and turned around.

Before Lea even had a second to wonder how she was going to be protected from the rain, Obi-Wan wrapped his arm around her and pulled her under his cloak with him once more. 

Lea shivered as they made their way back to their ship. She used to like the rain, but this rain was hard and freezing on their bodies.

"R4," Obi-Wan called to the red and silver droid. "Scramble code five to Coruscant care of the old folks' home!"

R4 took the mini satellite out of the ship, turning it in different directions till he got the right connection.

Suddenly, Lea could see a miniature version of Yoda and Windu sitting on the ship.

"We have successfully made contact with the prime minister of Kamino," Obi-Wan reported to them. "They are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army. Lea and I have a strong feeling this bounty hunter is the assassin we are looking for."

"Do you think these cloners are involved in the plot to assassinate Senator Amidala?" Windu asked.

"No, Master. There appears to be no motive," Obi-Wan said. 

"Do not assume anything, Obi-Wan," Yoda said. "Clear your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot."

"Yes, Master," Obi-Wan nodded his head. "They say Master Sifo-Dyas placed an order for a clone army at the request of the senate almost ten years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that. Did the council ever authorize the creation of a clone army?"

"No," Windu said quickly. "Whoever placed that order did not have the authorization of the Jedi Council."

"Bring him here. Question him, we will," Yoda told them. 

"Yes, Master. I will report back when we have him," Obi-Wan then turned off the com link between them.

Lea felt something, a tingle almost that went right through her. At first, she was going to write it off as just her standing so close to Obi-Wan. But they had been standing close together for a while and yet this was the first time she was feeling it.

Her eyes scanned around her, trying to figure out what it might be.

"What is it?" Obi-Wan picked up on the way something had shifted inside of her.

"I thought I..." Lea paused looking back up at the Jedi. "Nothing. We just need to get that bounty hunter and get off this planet."

Obi-Wan nodded his head in agreement.