VIII.

The ship made its descent into Coruscant, the home planet for the capital of the galaxy. Lea couldn't help but think it looked like a blown-up version of New York. When they exited the ship there were Hovercrafts of all sorts zooming through the endless skyscrapers. And to think the whole planet was like this was mind blowing.

"Lea," Mya hissed, pulling the girl's arm to look in the other direction. "There's Palpatine."

Lea looked over at the man who gave them a heartwarming smile, well at least thats what it looked like to the others. Both Mya and Lea could see through the lies his face was holding as he greeted them.

"It is a great gift to see you alive, your Majesty," Palpatine greeted the Queen. "With the communications breakdown, we've been very concerned. I'm anxious to hear your report on the situation. May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum."

"Welcome your Highness. It's an honor to finally meet you in person," Chancellor Valorum told her.

"Thank you, Supreme Chancellor," The Queen said.

"I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the current situation," Valmorum said as they started to walk off the landing strip. "I've called for a special session of the senate to hear your position."

"I'm grateful for your concern, Chancellor," The Queen said.

"There is a question of procedure, but I'm confident we can overcome it," Palpatine smiled at her.

Mya zoned out of their conversation when they got too far away from her. Choosing to be a part of the conversation happening in front of her.

"I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately," Qui-Jon told Valmorum. "The situation has become much more complicated."

Valmorum nodded his head before he walked away leaving Lea and Mya with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

"As for you girls", Qui-Gon turned to address them. "I'll make arrangements so you can have rooms here for the time."

"Thank you," Lea told him.

"But I must ask something in return," Qui-Gon looked at Mya. "I need you to come with me to talk to the Jedi Council."

"You want me to come with you?" Mya's face expanded in shock, pointing a finger at herself.

"It was you who first discovered the Sith was it not," Qui-Gon reminded her of yet another one of her poor decisions made here. "You and your friend shall accompany me to see the Council."

"Okay, but I can't make any promises about being ladylike," Mya said as they started to walk over to the smaller ship to bring them to their next destination.

"Oh, I know," Qui-Gon chuckled.

***